Chapter 31 | sad fucking songs

I'm finally alone in my room, I've washed my face and brushed my teeth, I'm now in some shorts and a t shirt ready for sleep. When I relax in the sheets my whole body feels exhausted.

The door opens wide and a dark figure appears inside. The light turns on and Hero comes into focus. I sit up and watch him come closer taking a seat beside me. He places my plate of food on the bedside table.

"You should eat." He tells me. "You haven't ate all day."

"I'm not hungry." I answer.

"Ella."

"Hero." I cross my arms over my chest.

"Talk to me? What's wrong?" He asks me.

"I don't know." I shrug. "I'm really tired, that's all."

"Why haven't you been sleeping?"

I wipe away the wetness from my eyes. "Sleep requires peace."

I know I should tell him I've been seeing Wyatt. I need to tell someone because it's just eating away at me.

"I can sleep in here with you? If you want?" He sounds so cautious when he speaks now, like he's afraid of upsetting me.

"Okay." I nod and move over, resting my head on the pillow. Hero smiles and pulls off his shirt crawling next to me once his jeans are off.

This room is cold so his warmth is very relaxing. I bury my head into his chest while his arms wrap around my waist. I fall asleep within and instant.

When I wake up my legs are tangled in his, he's still sleeping but wakes up soon after I untangle my legs from his. He looks at me and smiles like I'm the cutest thing in the world, it brings butterflies to my stomach. I suddenly flinch away as his head inches toward me, he's aware of my reaction, so he moves away without any objection.

There's a pang in my stomach when I sit up thinking back to last night. I expected it to be one of the best sleeps I've had in a while, but it's not. The ache in my stomach hasn't subsided and just as I move away from the bed I see it, my blood staining the sheets.

I knew something wasn't right last night, it explains the horrible cramps and my strange change in mood. I just had to start my period today, out of all the days in a month?

Thankfully Hero's turned the other way looking at his phone. My cheeks flush with embarrassment, I have a feeling if I ask for Rachel she'll get one of the housemaids to take care of this mess and that's worse than Hero knowing.

"I..." I can't even find the words to speak. "Hero."

My voice sounds so soft and angelic I'm surprised he even hears me at all. His grey eyes meet with my eyes first until I look down. His eyebrows draw together and I begin hiding my face in my hands.

"I'll get you a towel." He jolts up from the bed and rushes into the bathroom. He comes out and walks to my side removing my hands that are still hiding my face. "It's okay."

His voice relaxes me. I look at him and nod my head taking the towel from his hands.

"Don't tell anyone." I plead, holding his hand.

"I won't." He laughs, like he's surprised I think he would tell anyone. "You can go clean up in the bathroom and I'll get you new bedding."