Chapter 44 | movie night

All of my friends seemed busy today. Jess had a doctors appointment while Danielle was spending the day with her mom.

I decide to get ready so I could head over to Wyatt's.

I'm a bit nervous when I arrive especially since I'm coming in what used to be Wyatt's car. I grab the box out of the trunk and walk towards the front door. I knock twice and wait for someone to answer. I can hear what sounds like voices on the other side of the door until it finally opens.

Nancy appears, she gives me a welcoming smile. It's hard to tell if she's faking it or not. I give her a smile in return and nervously chew on my lip.

"Ella what a surprise." She says looking behind me, hoping to see someone. Nancy looks a lot better than when I last saw her, you can tell she hasn't been crying. "What's this?"

"It's Wyatt's." I tell her.

She takes the box in her hands and peeks her head inside.

"Sam!" Nancy calls out. Wyatt's sister comes into view. "Would you take this up to Wyatt's room?"

Sam looks at me and gives me a shy wave.

"Hey." I wave.

Nancy then closes the door slightly to keep me from speaking to Sam again.

"How have you been?" I ask, I'm trying to make small talk but it seems Nancy has no interest in doing so.

"Is that..." she pauses. "Is that my sons car?"

She quickly runs past me before covering her mouth and gasping.

"Yeah." I reply, this isn't going well. "Hero fixed it after the accident."

"Why are you driving my sons car?" She shouts. "This doesn't belong to you!"

The cars technically in Hero's name now. Wyatt's parents sold it to the owners of that junkyard and now she's concerned about me driving it?

"How could you do this to my son? After everything he's done for you?" She cry's out.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I admit.

"You think I don't know? I know you've moved on, whoring around after Wyatt's death, you don't care about Wyatt and you never did! You're a whore! Just like your mother!"

I take a step back at her words until I realize I shouldn't be intimidated by them. I clench my fists and step forward causing her to tense up in fear.

"You never cared for Wyatt." I say, glaring at her. "The sad part is he died believing you never cared. He worked so hard trying to impress you but it was never enough. Go ahead and call me a whore but don't you ever bring my mothers name into it. At least she appreciates the effort I put into the things I love."

Nancy shakes her head, completely lost for words.

I unlock my car and walk around her.

"Have fun with your new boyfriend." Nancy says through gritted teeth. "Won't be long until he moves on."

"Don't worry Nancy." I chuckle. "We'll have plenty of fun tonight."

I wave her goodbye and sit inside the car before I start the engine. Nancy runs back inside as I drive away. I'm sorry but she's a bitch and I won't take anymore shit from her. You think she'd have more empathy for me considering we both lost Wyatt.