Chapter 52 | into his mind

Hero's POV

"I'm gonna head out." I tell Ella. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay." She whispers.

I lean down to kiss her because she's too damn short and tell her goodbye. When I leave her house I get into my car and drive to the other side of town. Once I get to a neighborhood I've hardly stepped foot in I turn down a couple more streets and park on the side of the road. I know she told me not to get involved, but she should know me by now?

I clench my fists and try to talk myself out of doing this.

"Fuck." I mutter and step out of the car.

I run one hand through my hair and walk towards the house across the street. When I get to the front door I knock a few times and impatiently wait.

"Can I help you?" A woman asks once opening the door. It's not hard to tell she's nervous, she probably thinks I'm here to rob her or something? The fact that I look angry doesn't help either.

A large bruise is on the top of her forehead and I can't help but think Jason hurt this woman too.

"Is Jason here?" I ask.

"Oh... yes I'll go get him." She nods.

I sigh after waiting again on these people.

When Jason appears around the door I have an urgency to strangle the shit out of him, but I don't. I don't know where all of this self control is coming from.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He asks.

"I'm just here to warn you." I state. "If you ever touch my girlfriend again I will gladly break your hands."

Jason chuckles under his breath and looks over his shoulder like he's hiding from someone.

"I don't know what you're talking about, all those cigarettes must have gone to your head."

"The only thing going to my head is the image of me beating the shit out of you." I growl.

"Then do it." He threatens.

Don't tempt me.

"You know... I find it kind of strange that all of these people in your life were disappearing. Wyatt dies, your mother disappears and then your stepdad? I bet you killed them, didn't you Hero? I bet you killed Wyatt to get the girl?"

I tried, I tried to contain the anger raging inside of me. It's was no use, before I knew it I had Jason by the neck and I wasn't letting go. He passed out in a matter of seconds.

I stepped back and quickly went back to my car.

I didn't go home, I went back to Ella's and stayed up all night parked outside her house. My worsts fears lurk in my dreams, they have been even since I came back. Wyatt seems to stay there, reminding me it was my fault he was on that road that night.

My mother likes to pop up once in a while to tell me she's leaving because I'm such a disappointment. Then there's Ella, the best fucking thing to ever happen to me. I have dreams about her leaving me too and I'm never there in time to save her.

My mind is such a fucked up place, my own personal hell even.

I open my eyes to reveal the bright sun which continues to pierce through my eyelids once I close them again. I grab my phone to realize I have about and hour to head back home to change. When I get home everyone's already awake running around in and effort to make it to work on time.