Chapter 56 | me apart from you

Hero's POV

I was home alone when I got the call.

Apparently the charges were dropped and I was able to head back to school. I'm not sure why nor do I care. I wasn't going to tell her though. I wanted to be there for Ella but I knew I wasn't going to be there physically.

I open my closet and find the large envelope filled with cash. Turns out Henry had my name somewhere in his will and I was gifted a generous amount of money. I feel shitty for not going to the funeral but what can you do?

I didn't have a plan either I just knew I was leaving.

Ella's POV

"I got the cake, balloons, table toppers, is there anything I'm forgetting?" My mother asks.

"I didn't want a huge party." I sigh in frustration.

My mother's invited everyone she's ever known to my graduation party tomorrow. It was crazy to think about, tomorrow was finally the day. I spent four years in that hell and I'll finally be free.

"Too late." She chuckles. "Will Hero be meeting us there tomorrow?"

"Yeah. I'll talk to him about it later."

Unfortunately Hero won't be able to walk at graduation because of the charges. He had been awfully generous all week long. Everyday he would remind me how much he loved me. I think after everything we've been through he's comfortable expressing his feelings now.

When he came over later that day we watched a movie although it eventually lead to a passionate make-out session and a lot of groping.

"You're going to the graduation tomorrow right?" I ask him.

"Yeah." He nods. "You'll save me a seat right?"

"Always." I nod and smile.

The next day my mother woke me up extra early and wasn't too happy to find Hero sleeping beside me.

"I'll see you later." Hero says giving me a kiss before he leaves. "I love you."

"Okay." I say as he walks out. "I love you." I close the door behind him and walk back upstairs.

"Your gown is already getting wrinkles." My mother complains.

I'm sitting on my bed eating a bowl of cereal as she gathers my outfit for later. My brothers are also running around in here because they follow her around like ducklings.

"Ella you need to go take a shower, we don't have all day." She snaps.

"I took a shower last night."

"Well I know Hero spent the night so I'd appreciate you taking another one." She innocently smiles.

I roll my eyes. "We didn't do anything."

"Shower. Now."

Geez.

I take a quick shower and decide to start on my makeup once I'm done. I do a simple look which is typical of me. I then do some soft waves in my hair and call it a day.

I put on my dress which is and off white color and pair it with heels to match. Our gowns are black with gold detailing and it goes perfectly with my outfit.

Everyone's running around the house scrambling to get ready. I finish quite early so I help get the boys ready to go.

"Okay, everyone ready to go?"

I nod my head in response and walk out of the house. We arrive at the school ten minutes later and I find my place in the row of chairs out on the football field. I take my seat beside Justin after searching for Hero in the crowd.