Chapter 43 | you have to stop

Hero pulls up to my house and parks the car before we step out. He politely walks me to my door, making sure I get inside. I look up at him while I wrap my arms around his torso.

"I had a great time tonight." I tell him.

"Good." He cups my face with his hands and grins.

"Goodnight, I love you." I'm hopeful to hear him say it this time around. He simply gives me one last kiss before telling me goodbye. I'm a bit disappointed, was it so wrong to let the person you love know you love them? I know he loves me I'm just waiting to hear him say it.

I quietly enter the house and walk up to my room.

As I change and get ready for bed I walk out of my bathroom to find someone sitting on my bed. I jump back as they turn to face me.

"How was your date?" Wyatt asks.

The tears are preparing to make their break. I can't let out any words even if I try. This can't be happening, I haven't seen Wyatt in weeks so I thought it was over.

"You're not real." I whisper to myself.

"Come here and I'll show you how real I am." He says. "You missed me that's why I'm here."

"Of course I miss you." I deadpan. "I miss you all the time but that doesn't mean I want to keep seeing you lingering around my bedroom."

I pull my hair with my hands. "This is wrong."

"Then tell him."

"I can't." I sigh, Hero's so hard on himself can you imagine if he finds out I see my dead boyfriend? He'd believe I still have feelings for Wyatt.

"Tell him Ella, tell him you haven't moved on."

"No."

My door swings open and my mother appears.

"What's going on in here?" She asks.

I wipe my tears with the back of my hand and shake my head.

"Nothing."

"How was your night?" She adds.

"It was perfect." I smile at the thought.

It's Friday now, another day I go lying to Hero about Wyatt. He picked me up for school this morning and noticed how restless I looked. I told him I was very excited for today so I wasn't able to sleep. I know he knew something was wrong but he decided not to pester me about it.

I was up all night trying to find anything that belonged to Wyatt left behind in my room. I'm thinking his stuff have some kind of connection, actually I think I watch too much Ghost Adventures.

I packed a box full of his things and plan on taking it back to the Finley's for keeping. I've been meaning to go over to see how they're doing. I haven't seen them since the funeral and so much has happened since then.

By the time school ends I'm feeling a lot better.

Danielle's kept quiet about the gig tonight which was a relief. I'll wait until we get to the place to tell Hero I invited them. Hero and I head to my house after school, my brothers have a few friends over so my mother seems a bit occupied when we enter.

"You're gonna change?" Hero asks.

"Yeah, I don't think this skirt or sweater look up to par with that place." I say, I don't mean to sound rude although it does seem that way. "I just mean people there are wearing leather jackets, thick eye liner and band t shirts."

"I have no problems with you dressing up, as long as you still look like my girlfriend when you're done." His eyebrows raise in suspicion. "You don't have to try and fit in y'know?"