Chapter 38 | i got high

1k votes, you guys are amazing! Enjoy this chapter one will be up again tomorrow.
_____

I'm scared something will eventually go wrong. Everything was perfect between Wyatt and I, too perfect that it exploded in my face and I lost him forever. I can't live my life expecting everything will crash and burn, no pun intended.

This week alone I've managed to get all my grades up in order to be the eligible valedictorian. I've caught up in all of my reading which I mostly do whenever Hero and I are sitting in the hammock in his backyard.

Last night we sat under the stars and I was so absorbed in telling him all about them I felt like a complete nerd once I was done. It wasn't because I completely geeked out but because I began talking about how compatible our zodiac signs were. Let's just say I've taken many astronomy classes in my day.

I like the fact that he'll sit and listen, even though he'll tease me about it after.

"What about this one what does it mean?" I ask grazing my fingertips across the ink on his arm. It's a pair of dice smaller than a lot of his other tattoos.

"It means risk taker." Hero replies. "The numbers on the dice equal sixteen which was how old I was when I got it."

"What about this one?"

For once he seemed excited to tell me all about them, although he's not good at showing his excitement I could see it in his eyes, he's finally warmed up to me, he's comfortable enough to show me this warm side of him I've never witnessed before.

All I needed to do now was pack up everything I needed for the camping trip tomorrow. We'll be leaving Saturday morning from Lincoln High.

As I look through my drawers I find a few of Wyatt's things. There are a couple of his t-shirts inside and multiple hoodies. I grab a grey hoodie of his and toss it in my bag. 

I've only gone camping once and I was way too little to remember. I have my mom help me decide on what I should take which ends up being a very bad idea. She starts throwing in hideous sweaters I have lying around.

My brother Felix runs into my room before handing me the house phone.

"It's for you."

I take it from his hands and ruffle his hair.

"Hello?" I answer. I watch as Benny runs in and the two of them start jumping on my bed.

"Jess and I are coming over." Danielle says through the line. I pause for a moment, making sure I heard her right. "Justin's hanging out with Hero and I'm bored."

"Sure." I reply. "I'll see you soon?"

I end the call and tell my brothers to quit jumping on my bed. They jump off and run out of my room in a hurry. After fifteen minutes Jess and Danielle arrive. We decide to go downtown to grab some ice cream and to look around the different shops.

"You aren't going to get sick on the drive tomorrow are you?" Danielle asks Jess.

"I hope not." She shakes her head at the thought. "I haven't been sick yet."

"Well that's good I guess?" Danielle replies.

I shuffle through a rack of clothes but don't find anything. Danielle grabs a few shirts so we eventually meet with her at the front counter.

"Look what they have." Danielle laughs as she tosses me a small white box. "I should grab a few."

It reads "condoms ultra thin" and I think about grabbing a box for myself just incase I never need them. Danielle gives me a suggestive nod as I hand the woman behind the register the box. The woman's smiling at me as she cashes it in.