Chapter 25 | drunk thoughts

Authors Note
This book has ranked #189 in Teen Fiction. That's incredible, I only started writing it this year which is a huge accomplishment for me. Thank you guys so much! I was so excited to share the news I didn't edit this chapter but I will be doing it soon!

Happy reading,

________

This was the first time in so long I felt like I could feel again. It was Hero who made me believe it was possible to fall in love, into the kind of love that takes a lifetime to get over.

Sure, I had plans but that was before my boyfriend was in a car accident. That was before I met Hero and developed and attachment towards him. It's the next morning and all I can think about is last night, it's had my thoughts running wild with imagination and even before that, I could never control myself around Hero. 

He made me feel unhinged, like he could take me apart and put me back together again and again.

This was my last attempt at making him stay and I've still failed. It's obvious I'm not what he's looking for and now I feel ashamed for what I've done.

"I'll go with you." I say.

"To California? Your mom will never let you go with me." He says with a pointed look before pulling me into him. "I thought you hated skipping school?"

"It's different when you plan ahead. I can get the assignments for next week and complete them before I come back."

"You're the only person I know who'd be happy to do homework on a getaway."

I roll my eyes. "Okay then it's settled?"

He rolls on top of me and starts planting kisses all over my face. "I say you don't tell your mom about any of this and get on the next plane with me."

"You're a horrible influence." I laugh. "I'll be on the next plane once I get permission."

"Fine."

I crawl out of bed while Hero does the same to get dressed. We walk outside toward Wyatt's car which is now my car?

"I'll see you soon?" He leans in and gives me a kiss.

I wrap my arms around him before I let go and wave goodbye once I'm in the car. I turn the key and it roars to life, this is completely different from my Prius.

"Wait—"

I look up and wait for him to speak.

"Forget it." He shakes his head and walks away.

I pull out of the driveway and look back at Hero. This was goodbye and I didn't even have the courage to say it.

I could leave with Hero or I could stay, leaving with him could be a huge mistake. What if he still feels the same and won't come back here with me? Hero does not want to be in a relationship with me.

I'm not sure he knew what he wanted.

He had me at a point to where I'd drop the world for him but it seems I have him at a point where he'd drop me for the world instead.

How unlikely it would be for him to stay at least until graduation.

"What's up?" Danielle says through the phone. "Hey what are you wearing tonight?"