Chapter 53 | a good brother

Word got around fast and of course everyone likes to make up their own version of the story and I'm trying to see who's I like best. I'm making light of the whole situation especially after my parents found out.

Hero decided he would sit down with my mother and explain to her what happened after our little disagreement in the parking lot. I looked like a mess when we got back to my house so I went straight to my room in order to cool down.

The stress in my life catches onto me quick and it's hard to cope with at times. I guess I was just built that way? I'm lucky to have Hero there to support me through it.

"Are you feeling any better?" Hero asks as he opens the door to my bedroom. I look up from my position on the bed and sit up.

"Yeah." I nod.

"Your mom told me she'd talk to you when you're ready to talk." He adds. "I think she went through something similar."

She did.

"And old boyfriend in high school hit her a few times." I say. I find myself fiddling with the charm bracelet around my wrist, the one Hero bought me. "My dad saved her on multiple occasions."

Hero takes a seat on the bed and takes my hand.

"Justin told me the reason behind your probation." I reply.

"I figured he would." Hero sighs.

"So what happened?" I ask.

"I had a lot of issues back then... couldn't you tell?"

"Oh yeah I remember." I chuckle. "I remember seeing you burn your cigarette out on someone's hand."

"I thought it was funny." He laughs.

"I also remember the first time you surprised me." I say. "You saw how uncomfortable I was when a guy approached me at a party. Wyatt was somewhere drunk at the time but you made sure they left me alone."

I look at his face and find myself drawn to his lips.

"I guess I've always had a soft spot for you." He whispers, inching closer to my lips.

I snake my arms around his neck and crawl onto his lap. His hands reach for the hem of my shirt and pull it over my head before picking me up and laying me onto the bed.

My hands grip the sheets when I feel him kiss the space below my navel. He continues to undress me, pulling off my jeans and underwear. I'm left for full exposure but I feel undeniably safe with him.

He ducks his head between my thighs and the ache for him increases. I bite my lip in and attempt to keep myself from screaming. His mouth against me was something unimaginable.

I involuntarily thrust my hips until he brings me to a climax. I lie there breathless and overtaken by this moment of peaceful bliss. He has this affect on me I can't explain and he knows it.

The next day, I was bored at home because Hero had to work. I hope this gives him and Tommy a chance to talk or become close again. Rowan will also be working with them and I bet he won't have a problem with breaking the tension.

I decide to drive to Jess's later that day to check up on her. She hasn't called or asked about Jason so I assume he hasn't told her.