Chapter 29 | the texting girlfriend

I can't seem to wipe the grin off my face. This was a surprise. I guess I expected Hero to scold me about my stupid decisions. I'm not even sure I should tell him I've been seeing Wyatt's ghost in my dreams?

"Why?" I ask him, I give him a puzzled look. "What made you change your mind?"

"Henry is going away to Berlin for a few months so my mother and I agreed to stay here so I could graduate." He tells me. "Honestly I wasn't going to come today, I didn't plan on staying either."

Well that doesn't hurt.

"But you changed my mind." He adds looking into my eyes. "I think if two people can't stay away from each other, maybe they aren't supposed too." His eyes move down to my lips and my breathing hitches.

We're still standing in my living room knowing we are not alone. Our parents are just in the other room talking, but Hero's devious eyes are tempting me into a kiss.

"I think your right." I whisper, just as we inch closer I step back. "I have to get ready for school."

Hero rolls his eyes while smirking at me. "I'll wait for you down here."

I go upstairs and pick out and outfit for today. I choose a red sweater to wear with a skirt and some mesh tights. I also wear some combat boots with my outfit.

I know I'm only trying to look the slightest bit presentable because Hero's downstairs waiting for me

I know I'm only trying to look the slightest bit presentable because Hero's downstairs waiting for me. He always look so attractive without any effort it's frustrating. I grab my bag and tug it over my shoulder, I don't really want to go to school today especially with what happened last night.

I have no choice now, makeup wasn't able to cover up the cuts on my face nor the cuts on my hands. When I reach the bottom floor everyone's now sitting in the living room again. I hold out the keys to my Camaro and dangle them toward Hero.

"Can you drive?" I ask him.

He casually nods and takes them from my hands.

"Isn't that skirt a little too short?" He asks on our way out.

"Are you kidding me?" I look down at my outfit to examine it myself. "It's appropriate."

We both get in the car and I see Hero roll his eyes again as he puts the key in. This isn't unusual right? I look at him once we enter the main road and I suddenly feel anxious and afraid, like this won't last much longer. I never promised myself that I wouldn't let this happen because I never expected it to.

I miss how easy it was with Wyatt. Not that it isn't easy to be with Hero, we just get along in a complete different way.

"What have you been up to since I left?" Hero asks glancing over to me.

I stare consciously at the road to avoid his eyes. "Not much, school and things..."

Oh you know I occasionally get drunk, I talk to myself and unhealthy amount, I often don't sleep or eat, did I mention I see my dead boyfriend? Life's been great Hero.