Chapter 28 | far from messy

Check out the trailer guys!
______

My hearts ready to explode and it's not from all the Red Bull. I start the car as Jason and the other boys start pounding against it. I press the button to the alarm which sets it off. The headlights start flashing and I hope this is enough for them to leave.

A few of them run away but Jason and two others stay.

"Turn it off or I'll smash the window!" Jason shouts. "Play nice Ella I won't hurt you."

Hero put hard work into fixing this car I couldn't have him smash the window. I also didn't want to die!

Ugh, I'm conflicted!

Jason swings his arm back but before he can hit the window I turn it off. He looks amused and starts laughing.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I could ask you the same thing. I thought your boyfriend wasn't around anymore?"

"Please just let me go home." I ask.

"Get out of the car." He orders.

"No." I snap. I'm hoping the police are on there way already.

"Get out of the car Ella." He says through gritted teeth.

I start to cry. I reach for the door handle and step out. Jason grabs my arm and drags me across the yard to the front of the house. He grabs a bat from one of the boys and hands it to me. The other one looks like he's ready to swing at me if I try anything.

"Break the window." He points to the large framed window to Hero's house. "I'll let you leave untouched if you do it."

"What?" I say out loud.

"Swing the bat and smash through the glass!"

"This is what you came to do? Vandalize his house? For what?" I ask.

"Use that pretty little head to figure it out or I'll just make you use your head for something else." He casually shrugs.

I gulp.

"We don't have all night."

I choke on my tears and hold up the bat. I swing it back and the bat breaks through the glass fairly easy once it hits. The sound of the house alarm starts up and Jason and the other two run off the property.

I drop the bat and run to my car once again. I drive out in a hurry and see the neighbors peeking through their windows at all the commotion. My hands are shaking, I can barely drive so I stop at a nearby house where Jess lives.

I knock a few times hoping for and answer.

"Ella?"

I walk in passed her and close the door.

"I... I didn't know where else to go." I cry out. I look down at my hands that have a few shards of glass still lodged inside it. There're bleeding a lot, I didn't even realize.

"Come with me." Jess leads me upstairs and we enter her large bedroom where she takes me through another door which is the bathroom. "What happened?"