Chapter 08 | a mind like that

I finish curling my hair and change into a black dress to pair with a sweater underneath. I slip on my white superstar adidas sneakers and grab my books and my bag. I wanted things to go back to the way they were. So I started with my outfit today.

It's nothing special but it's a lot better than wearing and old sweatshirt and leggings, even though I wish I could wear that everyday

It's nothing special but it's a lot better than wearing and old sweatshirt and leggings, even though I wish I could wear that everyday. It really wasn't me, I liked the confidence I got whenever I wore a nice outfit.

When I arrive to school I see the looks people give me as I pass them. Some of them look apologetic while others seem confused. They probably imagined me looking miserable like I had been last Friday. Trust me, the misery was still lurking inside me.

I purposely got here a minute before the bell rang so I didn't have to feel alone, Jess and Danielle haven't texted me so they're most likely mad at me. I enter homeroom and I stand in the front of the classroom as I look at my desk.

Students are filling the seats and I can't help but notice the two empty seats, the ones farthest in the back. Wyatt's sat beside me since the beginning of junior year and now the seat is empty.

"You alright?" I feel a hand rest on my shoulder and I turn my head to see Hero raising one of his eyebrows at me. It makes sense that he's now in my homeroom considering there's now one free seat.

"Yeah I'm good." I quicken my pace to my desk and slide inside it. I can feel my palms getting sweaty again.

"Hey Ella." Bianca a girl who sits a couple desks ahead of me gives me a smile and I narrow my eyes at her. Bianca's never liked me so it's strange to see her usual glare replaced with a smile. "You're seventeen right?"

This isn't suspicious at all. "Yeah." I simply nod my head.

"I hear you're still a virgin, at seventeen?" She laughs at me.

I quirk up my eyebrows at her, astonished she's taking to me about such a thing. I open my mouth to speak but before I can get a word in someone speaks for me.

"You do realize being a virgin at seventeen is completely normal right?" I turn my head to see Hero taking his seat beside me. "What does Ella's personal life have to do with you again?"

Bianca looks humiliated as her cheeks turn red from embarrassment. I'm happy and surprised Hero defended me but I'm more angry at the fact that everyone now knows I'm a virgin all because of Jess.

"You're in Wyatt's seat." I tell Hero. "Well, I mean it was his seat."

"That explains the depressive look on your face when you saw me taking a seat here." Hero mentions.

The bell rings and everyone finishes taking their seats before Mrs Young begins today's lesson. Most Monday's she hands us out a packet of questions to answer from a textbook. Today she decided to make us write a reflection essay, something I've never done before.