Chapter 12 | drive my prius

I part my lips, I felt like the air in my lungs was escaping me and I needed to catch my breath. It doesn't even feel like I'm drowning anymore my arms are tired and my legs have given up. This wasn't me drowning, it was me sinking.

Hero's lips crash into mine and my mouth falls open at the brush of his tongue. I can taste my own tears with each kiss but it soon disappears. He backs me up into a wall and I feel the cold lockers run against my back as he grips my hips. My hand, the one that's not wrapped up forms a fist while gripping his shirt, I pull him closer to me and feel him lift me off my feet.

My legs wrap around his torso and my arms snake around his neck. A moan escapes my lips when he turns away, he smirks down at me and then starts kissing the skin on my neck. My hands tug on his hair as I lean my head back.

Geez, what's gotten into me?

His grip tightens, but he soon relaxes in my arms. The fun is short lived when we hear the door open to the locker room. Without hesitation Hero drops me back onto my feet and grabs my hand, he drags me to the back of the room. We both enter a stall together and I notice are chests are both rising rapidly as we quietly stand there and listen.

Hero's tall figure towers over me and his head turns to look me in the eyes. He winks at me and I can't help but roll my eyes to hold back a smile.

"I'll walk out first." He whispers to me.

I nod my head and watch as he leaves.

I stand in the stall for sometime until I decide to walk out. I don't know what just happened, it's been happening a lot lately and I hate myself for enjoying it so much. I skip my last period of the day and change into my cheer uniform. I pull my hair up and add a bow into it because it's mandatory here.

Girls soon start entering the locker room to find me already ready for tonights game. I fix my makeup and head back over to my locker to toss my things inside.

"Yeah, someone said they saw Hero leaving the locker rooms earlier." A girl says behind me. "We all know what that means."

"Are you sure it was even Hero?" Beverley scoffs. "It could have been anyone."

The girl, Tina her name was laughs out loud. "It's kinda impossible to mistake Hero for one of the guys at Lincoln High, he's model material."

"Well, we've been talking I don't think it was him." Bev adds.

I close my locker and laugh, oops.

"What's so funny Ella?" Beverley asks putting a hand on her hip.

I turn to face her and shrug. "Nothing."

She knits her eyebrows together. "Anyway, we're going to the party together."

Beverley was a great friend of mine and even she's become delusional over the guy. Sure Hero and I were doing things, but I clearly new we were just messing around, it wasn't anything serious.

"Where's Jess?" I walk over to Danielle who's putting her sneakers on.

"I don't know." She tells me. "I haven't seen her all day."

"Ella how are you feeling today?" Coach asks.

"I'm okay." I say. I wasn't about and hour ago but making out with Hero seemed to fix that.

"Good."

Danielle and I make are way into the gym where the basketball players are practicing. Some of them are cute to look at while others are just rude douchebags. A few of the cheerleaders are dating the douchebag ones who walk over to us as we practice to help them stretch. Yeah right, more like rub your fucking dick on them through their basketball shorts.