109th Goal (Kris Letang x Reader) *Lemon*

You were there the night Kris scored his 108th goal. You could remember watching it the game from the arena suites that were reserved for players' families. You knew how close he was to this record and when he got that goal to tie Paul Coffee, you could help but scream in happiness.

You always screamed in celebration when your husband scored, but that night it was different. That night, your husband was no longer #2 in most goals by a defenceman in Penguins' history, he was tied for #1.

And so, every game since he scored that goal, you were on the edge of your seat. You weren't really supposed to go with the team on their away games, but you couldn't help yourself. You couldn't not be there for Kris when he got that record. So, every game the Penguins played, you were there, be that in the stands or otherwise. You were there.

And it took a while, which wasn't really surprising since Kris was a defenceman and scoring wasn't really what he was supposed to be doing. He was supposed to defend their zone and Kris, if you were being completely honest, was the Penguins' defence. Without him, well...

So you weren't surprised that it took a few games for Kris to get that goal, you just didn't like it. You wanted Kris to be the only #1. You wanted him to have the record, not just be "the guy who tied Paul Coffee." You wanted him to be the guy who beat Paul Coffee. He had done it once and you knew that he would blow through this record, too.

It just took time.

Kris' 109th goal came on the 11th of February when they were playing the Flyers. You were sitting up in a suite. The whole game was wild. Murray was playing amazing, Geno was back, and Sidney scored his 40th goal against the Flyers. Then Geno got the five minute major and you could only hope that the Penguins could keep the Flyers from scoring during those final minutes. With the six on four, you didn't think that they really had a chance at scoring, that Kris had a chance at scoring, but you were wrong.

There were 13 seconds left in the game when Kris shot the puck from the behind the Penguin's goal line. You jumped up from your spot and you watched as Kris's 200 foot shot went right into the Flyers' empty net.

When you heard the buzzer go off, everything went into slow motion. You remembered throwing your hands up, into the air as your screamed. You remembered watching Kris being hugged by McCann and Johnson. And you remember crying in happiness.

Kris, your Kris, had done it and you couldn't be more proud of him.

So, when the game was over, you quickly grabbed your purse and headed down to the locker room to see your husband. Which, as usual, they didn't let you in. Their security wasn't about to let a non-member of the team into a locker room full of naked guys. So, instead, you knocked on the door, which you would have done anyways. You knew it was security's job and all, but you would have thought that they would have learned by now...

Sidney opened the door and stuck his head out. He, unsurprisingly, was sweaty and had taken off the top part of his equipment. He smiled brightly when he realized it was you.

"I'll get him, one minute." Sidney winked and closed the door before you could thank him.

A few moments later, Kris opened the door and stepped out, closing the door behind him. He was still dressed in all his equipment safe for his helmet and gloves. His hair was wet with sweat but he had a bright smile on his face.

"I did it." He whispered.

You smiled back just as brightly and couldn't stop yourself from hugging him. He was sweaty, still in his skates and equipment, but it didn't matter. Kris laughed and wrapped his arms around you best he could. You pulled back after a moment and brought your hand up to cup his cheek and he brought his own hand up to cup your cheek. His thumb brushed across your cheek bone before he leaned down and connected your lips in a rough kiss.