Childish (Frederik Andersen x Reader)

Ever since you and Fred had gotten home from the game, you had been quiet. Silent, actually. In the car you stared out the window and didn't say a word. You didn't congratulate him on the win, you didn't even let him touch you. In the car when he went to put his hand on your thigh, you pushed it off.

And Fred? You were driving him crazy.

He had made it very clear at the start of your relationship months ago that he didn't have time to deal with childish actions or indulge in childish drama. Yet there he was. Fred rolled his eyes and shook his head, keeping his eyes on the road. He would let you sit it out. He wasn't going to act like a high schooler when he was a grown man.

Once you got back to his place, Fred didn't say anything to you, instead he went back to his room to take his suit off. He came out of his bedroom dressed in sweats to see you glaring at him from the couch.

He clenched his jaw and crossed his arms over his chest. "What?" He asked a little harshly.

You rolled your eyes and turned away from him.

"No. Tell me what the fuck is up. This," he said, walking closer and within sight of you before gesturing to you and him. "Is what I meant when I said no high school drama bullshit."

You nodded, knowing he was right, but you couldn't keep your bitterness out of your words. "You were gone for two weeks and then you came home and flirted with another woman. How am I supposed to feel about that?"

Fred's eyes went wide. He never did that. "What are you talking about?"

You rolled your eyes. "After you were named first star, Frederik."

He let the emotion fall from his face as he looked at you. Yes, he had had an interview with a woman after he was named the game's first star, but he never flirted with her.

"I didn't "flirt" with anyone." He said slowly.

"Yeah, okay." You said, shaking your head.

Fred ran his hand through his hair. This was what he was worried about.

There was nearly a decade between you and him, and that never bothered him. The age difference was never an issue. But, he was always a little worried that you were too young for him, that one day the age difference would become an issue.

And it would appear that his fears were right.

He shook his head. "I can't do this."

You furrowed your eyebrows at him. "What are you talking about?"

He gestured between you and him. "This. I can't do this anymore."

Your eyes widened and you could feel yourself begin to panic. You stood up very slowly. "Freddie..."

He shook his head. "I mean, what were we thinking, (Y/N)? I'm almost thirty and you can't even legally drink in the States."

"Don't," you swallowed. "Don't say that."

He sighed. "I'm just pointing out the obvious. I'm not making any decisions because I don't make reckless, childish choices. But, I am saying that we should seriously look at what we're doing in this relationship."

"I'm sorry." You whispered, stepping closer to him, putting your hand on his arm. "I'm sorry for acting like a child. I overreacted and I'm sorry."

Fred shrugged. "And I know that, but what's to say that this won't happen in the future? I don't have time for the high school drama games, (Y/N)."

You nodded your head. "I know that."

You looked at him for another moment before grabbing your bag. "I'll see myself out. I'll call a cab. I think that we need some time to breathe."

You started to walk towards the door when Fred stopped you, putting his hand on your arm and turning you to face him. "I agree that we need some space to breathe and think, but... Toronto is a scary place. I don't want you out there alone. And I haven't seen you in weeks. So, can we be adults and put this on the shelf for another day?"

You smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I can do that."

He smiled and opened his arms and you melted into his hug, wrapping your arms around his waist.

"I missed you." You whispered.

"I missed you more." He replied.