Cuddle Monster (Mitch Marner x Reader)

You were at Mitch's, lying in bed scrolling through your phone as you waited for him to come home. The Leafs had had a western road trip and they were getting in late tonight, so you thought you would go over to his place as you waited for him to get home.

You heard the apartment door open and close and the sound of bags being dropped before a very tired Mitch walked through the bedroom door. You gave him a soft smile and he returned it, happy to see you, before he started to pull his layers off, dropping them messily onto the floor before he crawled into bed in his underwear.

Mitch laid his head on your chest and wrapped his arm around your waist as he laid on top of the blankets, his eyes closing as he released a content sigh. You smiled at your tired boyfriend and put your phone down in favour of running your fingers through his hair. Mitch nuzzled closer causing you to laugh.

Mitch shushed you. "Tired." He mumbled.

You chuckled again. "I'm happy to see you too, and I'm very happy to cuddle you, baby, but this position is really not going to work." You had stacked the pillows up and were half laying down half sitting up against the headboard. "Plus, you need to get under the covers."

Mitch huffed. "Five more minutes than I'll move. I'm just so happy to see you."

"You can't see me if your eyes are closed." You pointed out.

"To hold you then." Mitch sassed back, causing you to laugh and you ran your fingers through his hair again.

"How was the flight?" You asked him. If you could keep him talking, he wouldn't fall asleep.

"Long." He mumbled before he pushed himself off of you, crawling under the covers and getting comfortable with the remaining pillows before opening his arms to you. He knew you too well and you what you were doing and he wanted to go to bed.

You laughed and put your phone on the bedside table before rearranging your pillows and curling into Mitch, resting your head on his chest and wrapping your arm around his torso, the way he had done to you moments before.

Mitch wrap his arm around your back, rubbing your back softly.

"Better." He murmured and let his eyes close again.

"Mhm." You agreed, closing your eyes and cuddling close to him. "I love you."

Mitch's lips twitched into a smile. "I love you, too, Princess."