The Fairy Feller's Master-Stroke

Out of all the ways you expected your 23rd birthday to go, this was definitely not one of them. You were sat on the barstool, holding a Tequila Sunrise, a drink that one of your friends had handed to you and you were honestly too tipsy to remember which one. You weren't one to get smashed usually, but it was your birthday, and it was an exception. It was your best friend Lisa, who'd convinced you to celebrate in a pub, more precisely one of the oldest pubs in London, The Rabbit Hole. You could tell it had been built way back in the 1970s as soon as you'd walked in, the atmosphere and the aesthetics of the place were such. It was beautiful honestly, but it wasn't much of your style. In the end it didn't matter anyway, you weren't going to remember this night hopefully.

"Someone tells me you're the birthday girl" You heard a smooth voice from next to you and you turned your head to see the most gorgeous man you'd seen here.

"Well, what's it to you?" You asked, lifting a brow.

"I was hoping I could buy you a drink, looks like you hate that one" He said, pointing at your glass and you let out a laugh, moving closer to him.

"Ah well, how could I possibly refuse such an offer?" You asked, the alcohol getting the most of you. You were never this flirtatious when sober. Sober, you would be dying of embarrassment at that very moment.

"What can I call you?" He asked and you told him your name, throwing caution to the wind as you chatted up a complete stranger.

"I'm Ezra" He said and extended a hand to you and you laughed at the formality of the gesture. You shook his hand with a raised eyebrow, as if you were shaking the hand of a Royal and dropped it down to rest on your thigh.

"Something tells me you're not having the best time" He pointed out and handed you the new drink he'd got you.

"Well, half the bar is filled with people I don't know and the rest with people I couldn't care less about" You said, sipping it and immediately realizing his taste in alcohol was infinitely times better than yours.

"Not even that eccentric blonde?" He asked, referring to Lisa, the one who'd really put all this together, against your will.

"I despise surprise parties but hell if I'm gonna pass up an opportunity to dress up and get shitfaced" You laughed "I'm not really the sort to party every weekend"

"Your appearance says otherwise" He smiled and you laughed.

"Just needed a bit of fun, really. I don't usually celebrate my birthday so extravagantly" You explained as you tried to take in Ezra. He was cute, he had a sort of boyish charm to him and you were a sucker for that.

You heard your name on the mic all of a sudden, and you turned to see Lisa up onstage, next to the karaoke machine and she was beckoning you up.

"No way" You said, taking a sip of your drink to make it look like you were busy, but immediately gagging at the amount you'd taken in. The man next to you laughed.

"Oh, come on up! It's your favorite song, by The Beatles!" Lisa yelled into the microphone, making a suggestive face and you could hear your friends begin to become excited at the notion of you embarrassing yourself onstage.

"The Beatles is your favorite band?" Ezra next to you asked and you softly shook your head, laughing.

"They used to be, I grew up with a lot of 80's music because of my dad. I had a bit of an obsessive phase with them as a teenage girl. Had posters everywhere in my room, and I hate that now. She's just saying this to embarrass me" You told him, waving off Lisa's gesture and he laughed.

"Well come on then, let's bring out the teen in you, before she's lost forever" He said and extended his hand to you "Let's get up there"

"You serious?" You asked. He nodded and everybody in the pub began chanting your name and you turned red, but in a bold moment of confidence took his hand and walked through the crowd, up to the stage. Lisa burst into a smile when she saw you come closer and you got up on stage, making sure your skirt didn't ride up in the process, and stood up on the tiny pedestal. The lights were extremely bright and you couldn't see anyone, which honestly made everything all the better. Lisa gave you a tight squeeze and said "Which song would you prefer? Something sexy?"