Doing All Right

some of the details would not be historically accurate but this is fiction so i take some liberties, i have done up my bits of research to make it as accurate as possible though!

You couldn't believe it. You were very embarrassingly aware that you were staring at Freddie as he walked around the kitchen, talking to Brian and Roger about something you weren't paying attention to. It was surreal to be there and watch them interact so casually, so normally. To see Freddie make jokes and just be so naturally charismatic. They'd convinced you into coming to their gig tonight and you couldn't wait. You'd seen so many of their shows online and you had heard so much from your Dad about how good their live performances were. Coincidentally, Live Aid had been your parents first date in 1985 as teenagers and they'd immediately fallen in love over the coming months, and the fact that they watched Queen then and you could watch Queen now was remarkable. Every part of you felt like this was a dream still, something you'd be woken up from any minute now.

Brian had given you his jacket and you felt much more comfortable now that your chest wasn't on display for everyone to see. You did note the disappointment on Roger's face as you zipped the jacket up, but you tried not to think of that, perhaps you were reading too much into things. You felt a bit more settled in now, with the tea Brian had made you and the food Roger got, you felt a lot better. Your hangover was wearing off, and you could properly think again. Your mind was still running a mile a minute as you looked around you and it felt like an out of body experience to be there with them. You felt like you were seeing a movie, and watching all of this play out from the side because it was so unbelievable. They were all so young. And oblivious to so much that they held before them, in their future. You'd known them to not be modest at all but right now they were so humble. Freddie was so full of life and in a world of his own, so unbothered by everything. Brian was exactly how you'd thought he would be: calm and extremely kind. And you had only spent about an hour with them.

You couldn't tell what Roger was like. You still felt so intimidated by his presence for some reason.

"What kind of friends do you have, love?" You heard and you snapped up to see that Freddie was talking to you.

"What do you mean?" You asked, and feeling their gaze on you made you turn red. You felt an uncontrollable need to make them all like you, especially Roger. It was probably your fixation with boys who looked like him, and also wanting every person you met to like you but it was enhanced tenfold because they were Queen, after all. You would probably die if they didn't end up liking you.

"Well, when we found you, you were alone and in tears" Brian said and you just wished they could unsee that or forget that.

You put your head in your hands and you heard Roger laugh.

"She likes pretending it didn't happen" He said and you looked up at him.

"If only it were that easy" You said and they all laughed. You decided it was time you told them all what happened, you owed them that after all. They'd helped you so much already by just taking in a random stranger. And yes, perhaps it helped that you were dressed well and had on makeup they would only have seen in Hollywood but they'd helped you regardless. If it wasn't for them, you'd probably still be out there trying to figure out what to do and crying uncontrollably. Now you had some food in you and easily the three nicest people you'd ever met in front of you. And the most gorgeous.