Bohemian Rhapsody

Brian's eyes didn't leave you throughout brunch

Brian's eyes didn't leave you throughout brunch. You noticed it first when you'd leaned in to whisper something to Roger, and caught him looking at you. You'd brushed it off as mere coincidence. The second time was when you reached over to grab a croissant and he was still looking at you. It made you feel extremely conscious. Why was he staring? It wasn't even in a flirty, subtle or romantic way. It was suspicious, as if he didn't trust you. Had he started catching on? Did he figure out the truth about you?

That, added to the news of the early wedding only made you more anxious. You were glad Roger was next to you, because he kept doing random stuff which distracted you, like accidently stab a cherry so hard it flew onto Chrissie's lap.

His hand was also on your thigh a lot, and it eased your nerves. You wondered if he knew that you were feeling anxious, or perhaps he was used to that by now. Most of the time you'd spent with him had been like that.

"You are coming with me to the studio, right?" Roger asked you and you nodded.

"Sure, I'd love to see you guys record" You smiled and your eye landed on Veronica's ring. It was so bright and big. You kept thinking about the consequences, and then of Roger. Your heart and mind were pulling you in two completely different directions, but you decided you couldn't do anything about it now. The timeline had already been changed. All you could do is stick with it, and hope they were all positive changes. Perhaps the early wedding would be a good thing, maybe it would help pull the band in a better direction.

Veronica had mentioned that the wedding would be a small ceremony, held in a month, that was pretty soon. You wondered why they were moving so quickly, but then again glancing at the two of them, you saw how in love they were. Deaky would look at her with the most adorable of expressions; as if she was his entire world. You'd always wanted that someday. A person who could love you that much.

And at that exact moment, you would hear Roger laugh out loud at something Freddie said and it was the best sound you ever heard. You would miss it when you went back, and you wondered if any boy could ever replace that laughter.

As soon as brunch was over and you had eaten way past your capacity, you watched as Roger argued with Deaky about paying the bill.

"Well come on, then, love" Freddie said to you and you stood up as he came next to you. He draped an arm around you as you walked out of the restaurant. Mary was by his side and Roger was still at the table as you all walked out

"I hope Roger invited you to the studio, because you're going to want to hear our new tracks"

"I'm very excited" You smiled "I loved all your previous albums"

"Well, darling. I understand what Roger likes in you more every single day" He said, with a huge grin. Freddie then put on purple sunglasses and you wondered how one man could pull anything off so effortlessly. He looked great, in even the most absurd of stuff.