Let Me Live

You kissed him until the rain stopped

You kissed him until the rain stopped. It was a few hours later, and you were snuggled up in the car, his jacket still draped on you as you got comfortable in his lap. He had switched on the radio again, and despite his disappointment and resentment, you even kissed your way through a Buddy Holly record, which he hated.

"It's not that bad" You mumbled, as the tune of Everyday filled the car.

"Is this the opposite of aversion therapy?" Roger asked you and you raised your eyebrows. You were too sleepy and drunk to comprehend him.

"Well, whenever we get drunk and you're close to me- you play this song so soon enough I'll associate that song to the feeling of having you in my arms, therefore changing my opinion of it in the first place" He smiled.

You scrunched your forehead "Roger, it's like 1 am. You're too fucking smart for your own good"

He laughed at that.

"And no, I'm not trying to make you like the song or anything" You smiled, resting your head on his shoulder and inhaling in his sweet scent.

"Despite the fact that the roads have probably opened up, I don't think we should be driving like this. Come on" He said, he was rubbing small circles onto your back and gestured for you get up. He opened the car door and you stepped out barefoot, and thankfully it wasn't a muddy road- just a wet tarmac. Roger got out of the car, and you could see the goosebumps on his bare arms when he stepped out into the cold. He told you to get into the backseat. You slid in.

"Get comfortable, love" He said and you stretched your feet out. He came in next to you, and you put an arm around his bare torso, leaning your head on his chest. You could hear his heartbeat softly, and it was beating really fast.

You fell asleep to the sound of his breathing, and the movement of his chest, with his arm wrapped tightly around you.

When you woke up, you were alone and you could hear a rock track playing softly. You opened your eyes to see that you were sprawled out on the backseat, and you were looking up at the ceiling of the car.