Fight From the Inside

Fun fact in case some of you didn't catch on, all the titles are named after Queen songs! Also for some reason my Wattpad keeps changing Y/N to Beth in this chapter ahaha, ignore it.

This was not happening. This could not happen. This was not real.

No no no no no.

Roger was going to meet Dominique. His future wife. The mother of his kids.

The pit in your stomach kept growing. The room was silent. You could feel Brian's stare on you, as he processed your words. You fiddled with your hands, trying to figure this out. You could hear the water running in the shower, that was the only sound in the room.

"What?" Brian spoke, after an impossibly long time.

"Dominique...he marries her" You said softly, your voice barely escaping your throat.

"Oh" Brian said, and you couldn't bear to look up at him, his expression, to see what he was thinking.

"I..." You didn't know what to say. What could you say?

"Y/N, are you sure?" Brian asked.

"Of course, I'm bloody sure, Brian" You spoke harshly.

Brian was taken aback by your reaction.

"Y/N, I-" Brian began to say but you cut him off.

"No, I'm sorry. That was...uncalled for. I don't mean to get mad at you. I mean hell, you're dealing with all of this it's just... How could I forget? I used to be a huge Queen fan"

"Used to be?" You heard and you snapped your head up to see Roger step out of the shower.

His hair was soaking wet, and he was shirtless, his towel hanging low off his hips. What all had he heard? Your heart stopped at the sight of him.

You stared at him, dumbfounded, what were you to say?

"Don't tell me just now that you think our music is shit" Roger said, a small smirk on his face, which meant he hadn't heard anything.

Thank god.

"Um" You paused; how would you explain this?

You glanced at Brian who gladly jumped in.

"Not in that way, Rog. She was just telling me that she's glad the band is getting big...because she's been a fan from the beginning" Brian spoke up, coming to your rescue.

Bless him.

You really owed him for dealing with all of your shit.

"Right. Probably because you had such a crush on the drummer" Roger smirked coming over to you, and leaning in to kiss you.

You felt his lips on yours, but you didn't reciprocate. You didn't feel anything, except anxious.

Roger pulled back to look at you. You seemed tense, your forehead was scrunched up and you'd lost your voice.

"Everything okay, love?" He asked, trailing a hand over your cheek.

Brian cleared his throat "I'll be in the kitchen"

And with that he left.

You nodded, in response to Roger's earlier question.

"You don't seem all that well to me" Roger said, a concerned tone to him.

"I'm fine, just tired" You said, tearing your gaze away from his and back to the pillow in your lap.

"No, you were chirpy just a while ago. Did bloody Brian say something to upset you?" Roger asked, and took a seat on the bed. You noticed that he was still only in his towel. In any other circumstance, that would've been distracting but for now all you wanted was space, to think.