In The Lap of the Gods

hi loves! i adore the response, the comments you send in absolutely make my day

hi loves! i adore the response, the comments you send in absolutely make my day. this is the second last chapter with 5,600 words. There is only ONE left, and then an epilogue :) i also have an important announcement to make, which ill be posting before the last part!

"The king of rock of course. Freddie Mercury" Oscar said.

You felt your heart stop.

No this wasn't right.

"Wait, what?" You asked, glancing at Oscar. Was he messing with you?

"What do you mean, what?" Lisa asked, letting out a soft laugh, as if in disbelief.

"Freddie Mercury died of Aids..." You told them.

"What? Since when?" Bryce asked, piping in from the backseat, poking her head forward.

"What do you mean since when? I know he died of Aids; it was all over the news" You said, turning to look at her. You felt your stomach turning, the contents of it lurching forward and definitely not because of how fast Lisa was driving.

"Girl, you've probably been spending way too much time on 4chan, and reading up some fake news" Lisa said and Oscar laughed.

"It's-it's not fake. Why would I lie?" You said, trying to calm yourself and stop jumping to conclusions. You had a funny taste in your mouth saying this, because it seemed like you were about to be proven wrong. What you had known your whole life didn't feel true anymore.

"If you think he died of aids, why the hell did you force us all to come with you to his crash site like ten times in junior year?" Bryce asked.

"I did?"

"Yeah, you said being close to where he died made you feel close to him or whatever" Oscar added.

"Are you guys messing with me?" You asked, looking at Oscar and Bryce in the backseat.

"No..." Bryce trailed off slowly, with a serious expression on her face.

"Freddie didn't die of Aids then?" You asked "When was the car crash?"

"If he had Aids, maybe it was a secret" Lisa said "You're the one who loves that band to death"

"When was it?" You asked.

"Like ten years ago or something" Oscar said "Wait, I'll just look it up online"

You glanced in the rearview mirror. You felt like you couldn't breathe. Your pulse was racing. Your heart was jumping out of your chest. You bit your lip in anticipation and tasted blood on your tongue.

"Okay, it says it right here. Freddie Mercury, born Farrokh Bulsara, died November 26th 2009 in a car crash near the bridge-" Oscar began reading but you reached into the backseat and snatched the phone from him.