Hijack My Heart

Roger stared at you, and you didn't know what to say

You felt like his eyes were burning through you, and he looked confused, more than anything else.

"What is this?" He asked again, looking down at the paper. God, how had he even found it? You'd hidden it so well, why would he have lifted the mattress in the first place? Did he already suspect you or something? Was he looking for it?

"He gets married to Dominique, has two children. Rory Taylor is born in 1986. Left Dominique in 2010 for Sarina..." Roger read aloud; his voice low as he concentrated on the words on the paper.

Before he could continue, you interrupted him "Roger...I can explain" You said, realizing your voice barely left your mouth and your throat felt dry.

He looked up at you and said "I sure hope you can, love. What does this mean?"

"It's...it's nothing, you don't have to worry about it" You said immediately, your defense mechanism kicking in.

"You have written out a life here, Y/N. My life. How is that not worrying?" He asked. His face seemed so serious and, his voice just sounded heartbroken.

"It means nothing" You said, still trying to lie your way out of this "It was a joke"

"Then why did you hide it?" He asked.

"I..." You didn't know what to say. What could you possibly say? The room was silent for what felt like hours as he stared at you.

"Y/N. Just please tell me what is happening" He pleaded. You felt horrible. You'd lied to him for his own good, but it didn't feel like that now.

"It's a long story Roger...I don't know how to explain" You said. Maybe he'd just drop it. But how could he? After what he read on that paper...

"I don't bloody care" He said, his voice rising a little and you backed up "You need to tell me what the hell is going on"

Oh god, oh god, oh god.

You'd dreaded this moment for months, but you never thought it would actually come. You felt like you were going to collapse, you had tunnel vision, you could only see Roger in your line of sight and the paper in his hand.

This was not okay. This was so not okay. How could you fix this? Was there any way out of this other than the truth? You couldn't lie to him more...he would hate you. It seemed like he already hated you though.

"I don't have forever, Y/N. Please just tell me" Roger said, at your lack of words.

"Okay" You said "Okay, okay, okay" You tried to calm yourself down and breathe.

"And don't lie" He added and your heart broke at that.

This was it.

This was finally it.