Love of my Life

You wished you had a camera

You wished you had a camera. You sat on the red and white picnic blanket, hands behind you as you looked up at the sky. The sun was setting soon, and the sky was a gorgeous shade of pink. You wished you could capture it, but there were so many sensations in the moment that a picture would never be able to convey. Starting from the way the wind had picked up and your arms were prickling goosebumps, your legs were crossed underneath you and Roger's head was lying heavy in your lap. His eyes were closed, and you could hear him humming a tune.

It was the most peaceful you'd felt and you didn't want the day to end. You ran your hands through his hair and he sighed at the feeling of your nails against his scalp. You could see his eyelids fluttering but he didn't open them, his fingers were by his jean pocket, drumming a tune. You tried to figure out what song it was, but then decided it was better not to know. You knew way too many things anyway; some things were better overlooked.

The golden hour light that had meant so much to you a year ago because it was a perfect Instagram photo took on an entirely different meaning with the way the sun rays hit Roger's face. You brushed the hair from his forehead to the side, and then ran your fingers over his sideburns. It felt so foreign yet so familiar. His lips parted and he took in a deep breath, his chest rising softly and then falling. You wanted to stay like this forever. With him just within your fingertips.

You were so sure you loved him.

The idea felt ridiculous to you, because hadn't you just met him? You'd met him just a few months ago, and what you felt for him in this moment was so insane. It was as if you were always supposed to meet him, and to have his company. You'd never been in love before, and this was surely it. Your previous boyfriend had been...so different. You felt like laughing at the thought of comparing anybody you'd ever dated to Roger Taylor because that was a losing battle.

"Are you cold?" You heard him ask and you looked down to see that he was looking up at you. Those fucking eyes.

"I'm okay" You replied, shooting him a smile and he moved to sit up.

"Sure you don't want my jacket?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at the prickles on your arms.

"I'm sure" You said, more so because you didn't want to be a damsel in distress.

"Are you just saying that because you don't want to be that girl?" He asked and you laughed.

"You know me" You smiled and laughed as he draped his jacket around your shoulders.

"You look so adorable in that" He said and you rolled your eyes. You'd finished all the food that he had gotten, and now all that was left were some empty jars of lemonade. You looked around and realized the park wasn't as crowded as before, the sun was setting and almost everybody was going home to their families now. You wondered if Abby would be home at this hour, she had told you she had classes till late at her Uni, and that she would later go drinking with Darren. Darren, the boy that looked so French you wondered if was an immigrant, the boy that looked so much like the actor Timothee Chalamet that you felt like he might be his great grandfather. You knew Abby had a thing for Darren and you had been extremely happy when you found out they're hanging out together yet again; you wanted Abby to be happy. Once you got back to the future you would definitely try and look up Abby. She'd be so old, but you were curious now to see what her life ended up as. In the future- who she ends up marrying and having kids with, and if she actually ended up pursuing fashion.