My Fairy King

It had been a few days since Roger had given you the ring, but you found yourself staring at it still

It had been a few days since Roger had given you the ring, but you found yourself staring at it still. You'd never worn a ring this significant before. You wondered how much it cost, and what kind of a ring it even was. You had no knowledge about stuff like that. None of your friends had gotten married yet and the first wedding you'd technically attended as an adult was John and Veronica's.

The ring felt heavy on your finger, probably because you weren't used to wearing one. You'd never even worn a promise ring or something, because you hadn't ever had a boyfriend like that. The last ring you had worn was plastic and came with your barbie playset. No wonder it felt weird to wear one now.

"You're staring at it again" You heard and you looked up to see Mary. You were in Freddie and Mary's apartment and Roger was in the kitchen with Brian making club sandwiches. Ever since your rooftop picnic, Roger had actually started venturing into the kitchen and learnt how to make stuff. He still couldn't boil an egg, but at least he could self-sustain.

"I'm not" You replied.

"The ring is beautiful indeed" She said, moving over to sit next to you on the couch "I'd stare at it too if I were you"

"I agree" Freddie chimed in, taking your hand and bringing it close to his face "Although personally I would have gotten something bigger. So big you couldn't lift your hand, and had to lug it around everywhere"

"Freddie, you helped me pick that out! Don't be an ass now!" You heard Roger yell from their kitchen. You laughed and Freddie let go of your hand.

"Whatever, darling" He said, walking away and Mary let out a laugh.

You'd been spending a lot of time with the band the past few days. Brian was extremely confused hearing that you were back and also engaged. You wondered if he secretly judged all your choices, but you also knew that he was still happy for you. Roger had told him what would be happening, that you'd leave just before they left for their tour, and you didn't miss the disappointment on his face. As much as he wanted you to restore the order of the universe, he didn't want you to be gone forever.

You told the rest of them that you had to be leaving soon, and that you'd finally got a ticket home. They were confused to say the least, but they also didn't question it much. They expected you to come back soon, and on top of that they were too busy arranging the tour.

"They're finally ready!" You heard Brian exclaim and you looked up to see them enter the room carrying a tray of sandwiches. Your mouth was watering, and you were starving. They smelt so good and you could see that they had a filling of bacon and lettuce with a lot of different sauces in it. You grabbed one right off the tray and Roger came in and sat next to you. His arm instantly went around yours and you sighed as you bit down on the sandwich.

"Is it good?" He asked and you nodded, your eyes closed as you savored the taste. You extended your hand over to him and he took a bite out of your sandwich.