Death on Two Legs

You walked through the bar, trying to get the image of Roger and Jo kissing out of your head

You walked through the bar, trying to get the image of Roger and Jo kissing out of your head. You wished you could unsee that, or that you'd never seen it in the first place. It was ridiculous to be this affected by a guy you just met, it's not like you had any sort of chance with him. You wiped the single tear that had escaped upon hearing your mom's voice. You had way too much to worry about, starting from your ten-year-old mother, and a 25-year-old boy was the least of your worries.

You spotted Brian by the bar, a drink in his hand and a girl at his side. You almost groaned internally at the girls surrounding this fucking band, but still walked to him. He immediately turned his attention to you when he saw you approaching and gave you a smile.

"Y/N! Did you enjoy the show?" He asked and you nodded, smiling yourself at his kindness.

"You were great" You said, sliding in at the stool next to him and you saw the bartender give you a dirty look as you did so. You raised your hands up in defeat and said "Chill, I'm not drinking"

Brian raised an eyebrow and turned to you "Something happened?"

"Apparently I'm a minor" You said, sarcastically.

"Ah, lost your ID too?" He asked, and you nodded. The girl at his side was sipping quietly at her drink and staring at you. She must be offended that you were taking her attention away from Brian and you instantly extended your hand to her. You weren't a threat and she should know that. You would be out of here as soon as you figured out how to. She didn't have anything to worry about. Neither did Jo.

"I'm sorry, how rude of me. I didn't introduce myself" You said, shooting her a smile and she seemed surprised that you were being so nice to her.

"Hi" She said back, lightening up again and you noticed Brian had an arm draped around her waist.

"You must be Chrissie" You said, you knew that she was Brian's first wife and a serious girlfriend and this must be her "I'm Y/N"

"Chrissie?" She asked, raising her eyebrows and then turned to Brian "Who's Chrissie?"

Brian looked at her and then back at you "Um, nobody. I don't know any Chrissie"

"Oh fuck, I must have you confused for somebody else" You said, immediately realizing that obviously this wasn't her. You cursed internally and wished you'd done your research on Queen before being plunged into their world. The girl though did not accept your apology and looked almost offended and glared at Brian.

"Thank you for telling me about Chrissie" She fumed, slamming her drink down on the bar and walked off.

"Wait, Sarah!" Brian called after her but she'd already disappeared within the crowd and you instantly felt bad and very stupid. Why were you doing this? He probably hadn't met Chrissie yet. What if that had been somebody important in his life and you'd chased her away with your mention of a future girlfriend that didn't even exist? You felt a pit in your stomach at the thought. What if you had messed up really bad? What if this girl was Chrissie's friend or somebody who introduced her to Brian and now Brian would never meet her because of you? You swore under your breath, bringing your eyes down to your lap as you felt Brian's gaze back on you.