Sail Away, Sweet Sister

I love you guys! We are closer to the end

I love you guys! We are closer to the end. Brace yourselves for this one. It's 8,000  words, get comfortable with some snacks and a blanket! Happy reading :)

You felt like you were a kid again, going down those tunnel slides at the amusement parks which would be engulfed in darkness. You would keep going, sliding down, screaming in joy waiting for that light at the end of the tunnel. That's what you felt like right now.

Like you were going down a tunnel, or a hole. You were falling. Forever.

You could see a light.

It was cold, or maybe it wasn't. All you knew was that you couldn't feel Roger's warmth anymore.

Maybe that was all too dramatic, and it was all in your head.

You heard a loud sound like somebody clapped next to your ear, where were you? You could feel leather dig into your back, but you weren't lying down. No, you weren't on the floor.

You were sitting up somewhere.

Dots floated in front of your eyes, like little amoebas and you tried to focus but you couldn't. Was this what being dead felt like? Your body was so heavy, your eyelids were heavy, you couldn't move.

"Y/N?" You heard a voice. It was Roger.

No, it wasn't.

It definitely wasn't Roger's voice.

This was somebody else.

Somebody with a much more hoarse and raw voice. It was saying your name. Over and over. You couldn't recognize the voice. Who could it be? Where were you?

"Y/N?" You heard the voice again.

Was it your mom? Had she finally found you, after months of you being lost?

Then, everything came into focus in a flash, and your head instantly shot up with pain. It took you a minute to get your bearings.

"What is it?" You asked, not recognizing the voice that escaped your throat.

"You dropped your phone" The voice said and you snapped open your eyes to see Ezra looking back at you.

His hair was curly, his eyes seemed dark and concerned, and the little light that was coming in hit his cheekbones and bounced off them, scattering across the little room.

You were in the photobooth...and Ezra was here.

"What?" You said.

"You dropped this...your phone, when you were trying to get off my lap" He spoke, his brown eyes staring into yours.

You looked down at his hand and he was holding your phone in it.

You'd dropped it. Of course.

Is that why it wasn't on you when you went back?

"I think you'd have a bit too much to drink" He spoke, and you felt his hand on your cheek, his fingers on your skin, tracing your jaw and your lips.