Brighton Rock

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

okay here it is

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

okay here it is. possibly my favorite chapter yet, and also pretty long its 13K words. so get comfortable.

Watching Roger perform was an out of body experience. Of all the times you'd seen it on video and heard it on audio, it could never compare to how Queen was now. It was all the glam, and all the raw talent. Freddie was on another level as he traipsed the stage in his outfit. Brian and Deaky both looked like actual angels in their white blouses. Brian's top had the most gorgeous detailing, and the most extravagant sleeves. You wondered how he could play the guitar without any sleeve interference. The lighting was on the darker side and it honestly worked for their aesthetic, there was a spotlight hopping around onstage and it reflected perfectly in Freddie's glamorous jeweled glove. Deaky looked his absolute best, you'd met him only twice but you could understand what every girl saw in him. His long, flowing hair paired with that shirt and blazer made him look almost ethereal.

Roger on the other hand...you found it hard to focus on anything else throughout the show. He was beautiful, in every sense of the word. His vest was dazzling onstage, and the way he was hunched over his drums, hitting them in perfect beat and sync was amazing. You caught him smiling at Fred a few times onstage when Fred would turn to face Roger, and then Roger would turn and smile at you and you thought you might as well die. Those girls were right, he did have amazing arm strength and he was hitting the drums relentlessly and you wished he wasn't so far behind on stage and hidden behind all the equipment, so you could see him better.

It wasn't until Freddie started singing In the Lap of the Gods that you realized you truly didn't deserve being here, watching that performance, it was easily one of the best moments of your life. You felt like you could explode. When it came to the chorus, you were not prepared for it, for Roger's falsetto, and when he sang, you were pretty sure that's what heaven felt like. His voice was perfect, so high and so smooth. You wanted to hear him sing forever. You couldn't take your eyes off him for a second throughout that entire performance, and to think that you would get to meet him after the show excited you in such a way. Some times when you would be talking to them, you could forget that they were Queen, a world-famous rock band, people whose lives you'd grown up witnessing. But moments like these, when you saw them perform- you realized how lucky you were to be able to experience this and to be able to know them personally. You were probably watching Roger in absolute awe, because a second later Mary Austin stepped up to say and said "You must be the girl Roger's been going on and on about"