Play The Game

Roger thought he was dreaming when he saw her

Roger thought he was dreaming when he saw her. He blinked a couple of times, but sure enough, it was her, looking even more gorgeous than the last time he'd seen her. He couldn't believe she was here though. It felt like he'd been looking for her forever, and even though he felt positive that he had made up how beautiful she was over the past few weeks, being in front of her convinced him again. He'd never seen or met anybody like her. He didn't know what it was, but she was different. She was special. She had gotten off the bar stool and was twirling around with the other girl on the dance floor. Roger hadn't seen her properly laugh until now and he wondered who the girl was. You had told him that you didn't know anybody here.

"It's her, Fred. She's actually here... she didn't leave town" Roger said, his voice raising an octave, hope slipping through as he began tugging on Fred's jacket.

"Who's here?" Brian asked, still irritated by Roger's tantrums and then his eyes fell on her too.

"I have to go talk to her" Roger said, stepping forward and Fred pulled him back by his jacket sleeve, much to his dismay "Rog, you have a girlfriend"

Roger turned, his brows furrowing "I know...I just, I'll just talk to her and ask her how she is. I was worried bout her"

"She's laughing, she seems fine" Brian said and Roger groaned.

"I need to talk to her, okay? I haven't stopped thinking about her since she left. I won't be able to live with myself if I let her go again" Roger argued and moved out of Freddie's grip, making his way to you and the closer he got, the less real it seemed.

He wondered what he should say. You had his number yet you hadn't called him, so what if you just didn't care? Perhaps you lost the number. You were slowly moving off the center off the floor and back towards the bar. He saw you reach forward to grab your drink and that was his chance. Roger tapped on your shoulder and leaned against the bar counter, waiting for you to turn around.

The only thing you registered was a touch and Abby's eyes widening as she sucked on her straw.

"Holy fuck" She said and you raised your eyebrows at her.

"What?" You asked her, she was looking at someone behind you. You turned and almost fell of your bar stool at his proximity.

"Roger?" You asked, the grip on your drink tightening.

"Hi" He said, a small smile on his lips and you gulped. He was in a dark red floral vest, most of it unbuttoned and you desperately tried to stop your eyes from wandering over him. His hair was unruly and he had on a silver choker and another necklace was resting against his sternum, which your eyes fixated upon.

"Hi" You said, your voice was barely coming out and you felt starstruck all over again, avoiding looking him straight in the eye.

"How you been?" He asked and you felt his eyes trail over you "You look ...great"