Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon

The sun was in your eyes

The sun was in your eyes. It was bright out and you were glad you didn't have a hangover because it was a beautiful day and you wouldn't want to miss out on that. Roger was driving the car and you were almost at your destination. Last night was amazing and you were glad you decided to attend the wedding. Your conversation with Freddie brought a smile to your face, just thinking about it, and then the fact that you and Roger had both planned the exact same date; going to the beach.

You already knew it was going to be a perfect day, you loved the sea and you loved the person you were going there with.

You just wished the perfect day had lasted.

"I can't believe we both thought of the exact same thing" Roger spoke up and you laughed.

"I was just thinking that" You said.

"Were you?" He said turning to look at you and you nodded. He had a huge smile on his face and he looked so fresh, and calm. You'd gotten a good amount of sleep and you'd made sure he'd been hydrated and all your other 21st century hangover remedies had worked like a miracle on him. He was in a great mood, and it was perfect.

"Of course, I was" You replied and looked back out the window. You'd been driving for a couple of hours at this rate, and since you'd slept in late, you were planning to get to the beach just before sunset.

"So, have you ever come to this beach?" He asked you and you shook your head.

"Me and my mum went up to Brighton a lot, but never this way" You told him "I love beaches though, if I could I would live next to a beach"

"Really?" He asked.

"Yeah, of course. It's so calm and soothing, being next to the water and then just generally being away from the city" You told him.

"You don't like living in London?" He asked you.

"Well, I have lived there all my life so I love it, but no at some point I would like to move out" You said.

"Out into the suburbs or to a beach?" He asked.

"I don't know. I haven't thought that far yet" You said simply.

"Well I wouldn't mind living in a beach house with you" Roger said and you turned to look at him. He shot you a smile.

"I can't imagine you living anywhere other than London" You said.

"Why is that? I'm offended" He said, feigning hurt.

"Well you're this popular, social Rockstar and I doubt you'd fit into a small town" You told him honestly.

"You're serious? You don't imagine me coming home from work and you waiting for me out on the porch with a lovely, home prepared meal after tucking the kids into bed?" Roger said, glancing over at you and you laughed.