Long Away

The walk to Roger's flat wasn't that long but holding an unconscious girl in his arms made it seem all the much longer. The boys didn't help much, laughing every step of the way at how Roger was straining. Roger had picked the girl up, slipping an arm under her knees and one behind her back, making sure to tuck her head in his chest so her neck wouldn't hurt when she woke up. Brian was walking next to him, a constant grin on his face and Freddie and Deaky were just behind.

"Wipe that grin off your face or I'll deck you" Roger muttered.

"Oh, come on, Rog. Don't act like you're not enjoying this" Brian said, rubbing his hands together to warm them.

"Enjoying what? Me doing all the heavy lifting while you stand and laugh?" He replied.

"Well it's strange to see you not jumping at the opportunity to be her knight in shining armor" Deaky commented from behind.

"Not if she's not even conscious to see it" Roger replied, letting out another grunt as he tightened his hold on her.

"I'm sure you've picked up much heavier girls than her, Roger" Freddie teased.

Roger rolled his eyes "Well, they were naked and wanted to get in bed with me. There's a difference"

"Well wake her up and ask, maybe she does too" Freddie said and Brian and Deaky laughed.

"Shut up" Roger replied "Imagine if she were to hear that"

"What do you reckon happened to her?" Deaky asked.

"I'll tell you what happened" Freddie said "Roger and Brian probably freaked her out"

"Or we can just ask her when she wakes up" Roger said, trying to avoid the stares by people on the streets at the five of them. They came to an intersection where Freddie and Deaky had to part ways since they lived on a different street.

"By far, that's the most interesting and eventful ending of a gig we've had" Freddie smiled, staring at the girl in Roger's arm. She was stirring slightly.

"We'll see you lads later" Brian said, shivering since he'd given his coat to the girl and they bid farewell to the boys as they walked up to their flat. Brian lived opposite Roger and they'd bought this apartment back when they had both started Smile. Brian held open the door while Roger carried the girl up the stairs and he helped him unlock the door to the flat. Brian sighed in relief as he stepped inside Roger's heated apartment and Roger carefully put the girl down on the couch. He stared down at her, she was softly breathing and he stretched his arms out to get the tension out. Even though she looked extremely small, she was heavy, especially when unconscious. Her bare legs stretched out on the couch and Roger pulled her skirt down over her thighs to cover herself up better. A few minutes passed of Roger and Brian just staring at her until Brian spoke up "Wow, she is beautiful, isn't she?"

Roger nodded "She certainly is. Wonder what she's doing in this part of town, seemed lost"

"Well, hopefully we'll get our answer tomorrow" Brian said "I'll be goin off to sleep, okay? That show was a killer"

"I'll see you tomorrow, Brian" Roger said and went off to shut the door.

"Take care of her, okay Rog?" Brian asked, his foot in the door and Roger laughed.

"What?" Brian said "I don't want you scaring away the prettiest girl to come our way"

"Piss off Brian" Roger rolled his eyes and shut the door, turning back to look at the unconscious girl on his couch. He didn't want her to wake up in the middle of the night and panic, so he brewed himself a cup of hot tea, occasionally looking back and checking if she hadn't woken up. He took the cup and went back to where she was and surprisingly enough, she was shifting in her sleep. She mumbled something and Roger immediately went to her, keeping his tea down on the table as he bent down next to her. She opened her eyes and looked around, the room was entirely dark and Roger could only imagine how scared she might feel, waking up in a strange place like this.