Drowse

You stared at him for what felt like the longest time. Your fingers slowly traced the outline of his face, committing it to memory as he softly breathed. You could see his bare chest rise and fall every few seconds, and you could feel his large hand wrapped around your waist. You could smell the cologne on him, or maybe it was just how he naturally smelt, regardless it was amazing.

You knew you should get back to the reception, but this moment here felt so good. You had probably missed the toasts, and the first dance of John and Veronica but you don't think Roger mind, if the peaceful expression on his face was any indication.

You knew what you'd told him was a lie; you weren't planning on staying here forever, but you couldn't bring yourself to admit that. The more time you spent with him, the more perfect it became, and the more real.

"Do you think we should go back down?" You asked, in a soft tone as to not break the peace and he turned to look at you.

"I'm going on tour soon" He said, not answering your question.

"I know" You replied.

"I want you to come with me" He said.

"How?" You asked.

"You can be my groupie" He said and you laughed.

"Really?" You raised your eyebrows.

"Well yeah, I'll take you all across Japan. It'll be amazing" He said.

It did sound amazing, but also wasn't it too much? If you joined their first big international tour, you'd definitely become known around the world. You wouldn't be his little secret. You would become Roger Taylor's girlfriend to the entire world; the one he liked so much he brought her across the sea with her. Brian's words flashed across your mind but you pushed them away, for now. Going on a tour with him wouldn't be so bad maybe.

"I'll think about it, Roger. There's still time" You said.

"Still time? We leave in a week, love. Why do you think we had the wedding so soon?" He said, sitting up to look at you.

"Oh right" You said.

"You're always losing track of time" He said, smiling "Must be the effect I have on you"

You laughed at the meaning of his words. He had no idea.

You sat up too, holding the blanket close to your chest and watched as Roger stood up and slipped on his pants. He turned to look at you while he began buttoning his shirt up.

"Enjoyin the view?" He asked, a smirk on his face and you nodded.

"You're so pretty" You said.

"Out of the two of us, obviously" He said and you laughed.

"That is actually true" You said, and stood up, holding the bedsheet close to your body.

"You want me to bring your dress to you?" He asked, bobbing his head over towards where your satin dress was lying on the floor.

"Yes please" You nodded and carefully balanced the blanket while slipping into your underwear.

"I was thinking we could go somewhere tomorrow" He spoke while picking your dress up.

"That would be really nice" You said.

"Maybe that restaurant you liked so much" He said, with a smile and handed you your clothes. You turned around and dropped the blanket and he helped you get into the dress.

"Which one?" You asked. You'd never gone out with him to a restaurant before, never just the two of you. You wondered what he was talking about.

"Which one?" Roger repeated "Have we ever been to more than one?"