Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy

thank you guys for the great response on this! i love reading all your comments and reactions! this is another 5

thank you guys for the great response on this! i love reading all your comments and reactions! this is another 5.8K words so get comfortable!

You and Roger sat on the train station steps, his hand engulfing yours. It was silent out, since most of the trains for the night had left, and there weren't any more passengers here. You could hear sirens for miles probably because of what Roger had told you about, the explosion. You didn't remember reading about that in history class but you also weren't paying too much attention to history of London. You had been much more interested in the history of the world. You wished you had paid more attention though. Or maybe not. Maybe it was good you didn't know about every attack, every bombing or every incident in London. Would you have tried to save lives? That was too much of a question for you to be thinking about right now, but you knew Brian would definitely disapprove. Was it so bad if you did save a couple of people though?

"So, 2019, huh?" Roger asked and you laughed.

You nodded "Yup, twenty fucking nineteen"

"That is so insane" Roger said slowly, staring off into the distance "Can you tell me what it's like?"

"Um, well. I don't know. Depends what you want to know" You asked.

"When do I die?" Roger asked and you glanced at him, wondering if he was serious.

"Roger...." You trailed off, looking at him disapprovingly.

"All right fine, fine. Don't tell me. I was just kidding" Roger said and you sighed in relief.

"How do I die?" He asked after a minute and you rolled your eyes.

"Shut the fuck up, Rog" You said.

"Whoa, language. Easy there" He said "I'm just taking the piss, love"

"Right, keep it up this way and you'll know nothing" You said, and he nudged you.

"I'm sorry. Okay, tell me this. What do people eat?" He asked.

You looked at Roger, raising your eyebrow. That's what he wanted to know?

"Well, since we run out of food some years ago, we eat these little cubes of protein" You said "They're pretty bland and have no taste but fulfill the human body necessities. Sometimes my mum puts the cubes in a soup, which is much better actually"

You turned and saw Roger looking at you in horror.

You let out a laugh "I'm messing with you"

"Oh, fuck you" He said, shoving you and you laughed.

"So I'm not allowed to take the piss?" You teased him.

"You're killing me, Y/N" He said, rolling his eyes now.

"Well we eat food, Roger. What else? All kinds of food, same as you now" You said "Maybe you should ask me something more interesting"

"Okay, are aliens real?" He asked.