The Prophet's Song

It had been four weeks since Roger had last seen her and he hadn't stop thinking about her

It had been four weeks since Roger had last seen her and he hadn't stop thinking about her. She was the only thing on his mind and it was quite a predicament. He didn't know what to do. He tried tracking her down, he looked for her face in every show and by every payphone booth. Brian and Fred had enough of him, and Deaky was simply ignoring his quest for the girl.

Roger didn't even know why he was so fixated on finding her and talking to her, he just felt an innate need to. Things with Jo hadn't gotten better after talking to her, they'd only gotten worse. His arguments with Jo had only increased and at one point, he realized the more he stayed with her, the more it damaged their relationship. It was at a point beyond fixing. He tried to convince himself that his failed attempt to rekindle his relationship with Jo had nothing to do with the appearance and disappearance of the mysterious girl.

It had everything to do with it, and everybody but Roger knew that. When Brian brought it up casually that he'd talked to her before she left, Roger egged him until he told him what you had talked about.

"She showed up for a day and a half, and she discussed astrophysics with you?" Roger asked, sat on the drums staring over at Brian.

"She just wanted to know some stuff for her research paper" Brian replied, wanting to reassure Roger that their conversation was nothing but educational and platonic.

"Why didn't she just ask me?" Roger asked.

"Well, I doubt you know what The Butterfly Effect is" Brian said, a smug smile on his face.

"Piss off, Brian" Roger said, and turned his attention back to his drums. Deaky walked into the band room at that moment, took one look at Roger's irritated face and said "Is he still talking about her?"

Freddie was sat on the couch, observing them and he laughed, taking a drag from his cigarette "I think our boy here has completely forgotten about Jo"

Roger's angry expression softened at Jo's name and he sighed "I don't think stuff between me and her will work out"

"You serious?" Brian asked "But you've been together forever"

"I know, but I just can't give her the sort of relationship she wants while also being dedicated to the band" Roger said.