Surprise! Bonus Epilogue

wellll, initially i had always written two version of the epilogue, and because im happy and i love you all and the offical epilogue is way too small to satisfy even me, im going to bless you with the second one as well in one night!  this is going to be an extremely different perspective from what you're used to reading, some of you might even be a bit confused, but it'll make sense, don't think too much of it. you'll understand further as you read. 

have fun, get comfortable yet again for 7,000 words! LOVE YOU ALL.

Dated: 

15th February, 2019, London.

You took in another sip of your drink, gulping as the familiar liquid made its way from your lips to your throat. It was warm, it felt good, and it didn't burn your throat even once. 

The music around you was glaring, raving, and it was as if the crowd was pulsating along with the beats. You didn't like what they were playing, it was so loud, and it felt like you could hear your heart beat in your ear. You didn't have a choice but to sway along with it, you would seem too pretentious if you plugged into your earphones and chose to heard something far more refined.

You took in a deep breath, one good thing about being by the window was that you could actually breathe fresh air. You didn't have to be stuck amongst sweaty teenagers, and breathing smoke and god knows what else was in the air at this party. You would have the right mind to think they drugged the air, if the way everybody seemed so absorbed was any indication. You felt good though.

Your phone buzzed, and you took it out of your pocket to catch a notification from your dad.

Dad: Hi, sweetheart. Happy 23rd Birthday again, even though it's almost over. Your mum wanted to know if you'd be coming over on the weekend, she wants to take us to your grandma's place.

You turned twenty-three years old today, and coming to a frat house party where you knew next to nobody was not the top of your list for ways of celebrating it. You would have preferred staking out with your best friend and some McDonalds in your car any day.

Speaking of your best friend, she was nowhere to be found. She'd run off a few minutes ago to talk to a cute boy she spotted, and under other circumstances you would be worried for her, but you knew better than anybody that she could take care of herself.

You'd met her in the common university cafeteria during lunch. You were seeking solace there after your examination had gone terribly wrong and she was sitting there, sketching. With her purple sunglasses and her colored hair, she stood out to you. You'd taken a peek at her notebook and the beautiful designs and instantly known she was in the fashion wing of college. You didn't have an artistic bone in your body, and so you were highly impressed by her. After that day, you two got along extremely well and it was her idea to drag you out to this college party. You barely knew any seniors and you wished you could make as much effort as she did in talking to people.

You looked down at your glass, and to your dismay, there wasn't any alcohol left. You'd finished your drink and you turned to look to the refill table. Teenagers crowded around it, but you desperately needed a drink. Having a drink in your hands, and sipping it gave you something to do and then you didn't feel so anxious anymore. It was either that, or scrolling through your phone. You hated having empty hands at a party.

You straightened up, and headed towards the refill table. There was a bowl full of punch, and you didn't know what was inside, but it tasted amazing. You pushed through the people, bumping shoulders with jocks and prom queen archetypes till you made it surprisingly unscathed to the table. The zipper of your top got stuck in a letterman jacket, but even so, you made it out. Perhaps you were overdressed for a college party, in your corset-like top, but you weren't going to miss a chance at dressing up on your birthday, even if you were the only one here who knew that.