Under Pressure

oh this chapter is a close one to my heart

oh this chapter is a close one to my heart. please get comfortable and sit down with some snacks and a blanket because it's a big one! 6,000 words that is. the top is what reader is wearing at freddie's party. love you all, have a good read!

Your last three days were the worst. No, don't get me wrong, they were good, which was precisely what made them so painful. You made the most of time with Roger. You spent nights staying up and talking, days cuddling in bed, your fingers intertwined. You didn't know how you could part with something like this. But your headaches had only gotten worse. One night, Roger woke you because your ear was bleeding. Again. It was as if your time here was over and the world knew that. It wanted you out, as fast as possible. You could only guess that the intense effects on your health were due to your prolonged exposure to this timeline, and the fact that Roger had put a ring on your finger. That ring was a binding factor, even though it was just a band of metal with a diamond on it. You could feel yourself get sicker. You guessed this was how people felt when they were dying. But you weren't dying. Far from it. Being with Roger right now was the most alive you had ever felt.

Roger arm was around your waist, holding you close. You were at the barbecue party which Freddie had organized. There were tons of people here, in fact you don't think you had ever been to a party this big. There were celebrities, people you'd grown up seeing on the TV your whole life...even Abby and Darren were there. You didn't care about the celebrities though, the only ones you cared about at this party were the boys and Abby. Although it was nice seeing Blondie, and all the other singers at this party before they were all catapulted to fame.

Freddie had introduced you to everybody at the party, and now you and Roger were just talking to a few of the Queen band managers. It had been a few hours into the party, but you weren't really feeling it.

Freddie had wanted to have this barbeque party as a farewell, since the band was going on tour soon after, and you were leaving as well. He'd done everything in his capabilities to make this party a blast, one like none other. The ceiling was covered in balloons and streamers, there were guests covering every inch of this house and the huge grill in the backyard had produced one of the best kebabs you'd had.