God Save the Queen

This is another whooping 7,500 words so get comfortable!

You and Roger walked out of the hospital and it was pouring rain

You and Roger walked out of the hospital and it was pouring rain. Roger quickly took off his coat and held it over both of your heads and you huddled under it. Deaky's car was just up ahead and you were about to make a run for it when you bumped into a woman and her child.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! Come back here, Cameron!" She cried and picked up the flailing toddler, who had run in front of you.

"It's quite all right" You said back, and laughed at how baby Cameron was trying to jump in the puddle. His mom picked him up into her arms as Cameron cried out and she tried to calm him down.

"Whoa, little buddy, watch out" Roger said, sidestepping them as he opened the door of the car.

"You're adorable Cameron" You said, smiling at the mother before you jumped into the car. You huddled close to Roger, and you were both soaking wet.

"That baby was so cute" You sighed as Deaky began driving.

"It was" Roger smiled "Want one?"

You turned to look at him.

"Is that a serious question?"

"When am I not serious?" Roger asked, leaning in to kiss you.

"Um, sorry to interrupt but you guys are not conceiving a baby in that backseat" Deaky said, sounding very freaked out.

"We're not planning to. I'm 23" You replied, laughing as Roger leaned into to kiss your neck.

"Well, thank god for that" Deaky said.

"When are you having your baby, John?" Roger asked, raising his eyebrows.

You almost tensed. Hopefully not now, and not until a couple of years, when he was actually supposed to.

"Not anytime soon, that's for sure, Rog" Deaky replied and you smiled. Thank god. Divine intervention was in place.

"That's a bummer. Would've given us a reason to celebrate" Roger said.

"As if you've ever needed a reason" You laughed.

"Well that reminds me, Freddie's planning a potluck in two days at his place. You can have your party then" Deaky told you.

"A potluck! That's so exciting" You said "What will we cook, Rog?"

"Oh, love. I can barely make two dishes. Whatever you do, I'll just help you out" He said.

"What are you and Veronica making?" You asked Deaky.

"Still no idea. Which also reminds me- I was supposed to meet the missus an hour ago. She'll be furious if I'm not there" He said.

"Everything okay?" You asked.

"Yes, yes. Just needed to help her with something in the house. You know how it is: happy wife, happy life" Deaky said and you laughed.