Lily of the Valley

ALL RIGHT

ALL RIGHT. this is a lot of fluff, slight angst, i got carried away so its 8k words. i highly recommend listening to crimson and clover on repeat by tommy and the shondells while you read this chapter, since roger and her listen to it too, and it's also a song that describes his feelings for her particularly well. so please do listen to it, and get comfy and enjoy this fluff train! also don't be afraid to send in an ask/message/comment with your thoughts. as i always mention: they keep me going.

 "Do you trust me?" Roger asked you and you blankly stared at him. He had a familiar glint in his eyes, that you'd seen before way too many times with Lisa and you wondered how you would tell him that despite how much you liked him, you did not trust him with this. This was where your mom lived right now, and your grandmother and you could not talk to them. You couldn't create such a paradox. Not after your last conversational attempt with your mother almost made you have a mental breakdown.

You slightly shook your head, and he laughed.

"Come on, love. You won't regret this, I promise" He said and you squinted at him, trying to figure out what was going through that beautiful brunette head of his and before you could speak, he lifted one of his legs up and put it over the fence.

"Roger!" You whisper-yelled and stepped to him "What do you think you're doing?"

"Follow me" He said and took his other leg over the white picket fence, stepping onto the grass and your front yard.

"This is trespassing" You said and he grabbed both your hands. You were thankful he wore gloves because otherwise him holding you would just add to the red that your skin had already gotten, due to the cold and the fear.

"Not if we don't get caught" He shot you a half smile.

You narrowed your eyes at him and looked around, as he all but forced you over the fence. You slowly stepped over it, making sure nobody was around before you did it. Your feet touched the grass and you immediately looked around, expecting police sirens to go off or your grandmother to rush out with a shotgun. But nothing happened. When it felt safe enough to not get arrested, you stepped forward and Roger walked across the lawn with ease towards the side of the house. You instantly remembered that you'd installed surveillance cameras around the house and you pulled Roger back.

"There's CCTV, Rog!" You said, panicked. You'd never really done anything illegal of this sort before. The most illegal thing you'd probably done was flash somebody on accident in a club. And break into that pub with Roger a month ago. When he'd pushed you up against the wall and pretended to fool around.

"There's what?" Roger asked, raising an eyebrow at you mockingly.

"Um, cameras" You said slowly as you realized they weren't installed yet, obviously. This was the 1970s. Cameras only existed in high-security places and this definitely wasn't one.

"I'm not that famous yet, love. Come on" Roger laughed, ignoring your obvious 21st century slipup and he proceeded to walk to the left side of the house. He glanced up at the window you had pointed at and said "That your bedroom?"