Funny How Love Is

Opening 1975

Opening 1975.

That was a year from now. A year.

You immediately stopped in your tracks, staring at the sign, squinting to see if that was really what it said. This couldn't be your luck. It couldn't be this bad, could it? You could not possibly be stuck in 1974 for a year.

The bar wasn't constructed yet. If the bar hadn't even been built yet, it meant the photobooth wasn't even there. Taking the theory that it was indeed the booth acting as the device which brought you back, how could it bring you to a time before it was built?

If the booth was added to the pub in the year 1975, it meant it simply didn't exist in 1974. Yet it brought you here.

Maybe, the booth did exist, but you just didn't know where it was since it probably hadn't been used until it was brought to The Rabbit Hole.

That meant the first and last confirmed location of the booth that you knew had been this bar, which meant you would definitely have to wait out an entire year.

It was entirely possible that the booth was somewhere right now sitting in a workshop, or being decorated, or lying in a dump until it was bought by the pub owners. If you could figure out who designed or made the booth and track them down, you could slip in and use it to go back to your time.

Your head hurt from all the possibilities and theories.

Roger turned and looked at you, trying to see what made you stop as you stared at the sign and he was still gripping your hand. You were frozen in place, mulling over your situation, unaware of the fact that he was calling you.

"Love, we have to go" He said "What are you looking at?"

You could see the security guard making his way out and Roger was pulling at your arm, and you were still thinking of what you were supposed to do now. You first instinct was to lock yourself in a room for an entire year, waiting it out but obviously that was not practical.

"Y/N" He said, snapping you out of it and you turned to see him. He was looking at you with extreme concern on his face and you wondered what he would look like if he knew your actual predicament.

"Let's go?" He said, raising an eyebrow and you softly nodded, letting him pull you till the car, you dragging behind him like deadweight.

He opened your side of the car and you got in, still unsure how to process this situation and Roger got in the other side. As soon as he sat inside, he turned and looked at you.

"You going to tell me what's going on with you?" He asked.

"What?" You said, your eyes not yet leaving the fated pub in front of you.

"I don't mean no offense love" He started and you knew that whatever he would say next would definitely offend you.

"You show up out of nowhere, looking like a right goddess if I may add, and you're running around acting strange, looking for pubs that don't even exist, asking me for favors in the middle of the night and not explaining absolutely anything" He said and you turned to look at him. He was looking at you expectantly.