It's a Hard Life

Warning: Slight Smut in this one

Warning: Slight Smut in this one. Sorry for the late updates, but I've already finished the story over on my Tumblr: Perriwiinkle. If you're not on Tumblr, you can read it here. I'll post all the parts.

You felt sick. Physically and mentally. Your confrontation with Brian still haunted you. It was only about time until he found out. You wondered how you were going to keep this up any longer. It had been four months since you'd arrived in 1974, and you'd already managed to fuck things up like this. You didn't know how much longer you could stay, or when you could use the Booth and go back. If Brian found out the truth, you'd pretty much high tail it out of here and get back to 2019 as soon as possible. You were not going to stay here and deal with the consequences of your lies, or of Roger's broken heart when he found out that you were lying about your entire life. Your heart ached at the thought of leaving him, but the pain became less every day. It was ironic really, the closer you came to your departure date, the less real it seemed that you'd have to leave. You felt more settled in every day and more comfortable with the band. You hoped that the day you would have to return wouldn't be as hard as it seems right now.

On top of all that, the last few days had drained you completely. You didn't know what was wrong, but you felt horrible. Your head throbbed and you felt weak and sick to the core.

You were sat across Abby as she went over her designs, the wedding was in one week and she had a crazy idea that she would make an entirely new dress for you to wear. You weren't sure how she could come up with a design and complete it within less than a week, but she seemed hell bent on her plan. It was half past seven and you'd spent the entire day on the couch, watching her work and wondering about the next time you would meet Brian, and what he would say. Abby's forehead was scrunched up as she worked and she was biting her lip, her pencil moving across the paper at lightning fast speeds.

"That dress sure seems like it needs a lot of concentration" You laughed.

"Yeah" She replied, not even looking up at you.

"All you've done for the past few days is work on that. Why can't I just wear one of my old dresses?" You asked her, your arms crossed at your chest as you watched her work.

"Because you're attending a celebrity wedding and you need to look the best" She replied simply "How's your head?"

"It's fine" You mumbled and held it. Your head had been hurting a lot recently, and you weren't sure why this was happening. It didn't feel like a normal headache, or a migraine, it felt more serious. Maybe it was finally the consequence of your time travelling.

"I'm sure it'll get better by the wedding, even if it doesn't, you'll look so good in this dress that Roger wouldn't be able to resist you any longer."

"Well it would be a problem if I end up looking more extra than the bride" You mumbled and stood up, moving to the kitchen to make something, probably a ham sandwich.