one [open up]

I looked at the clock; 01:22
I yawned and stood up to check if all my doors were locked, something that had become routine ever since I moved to L.A. and got my own little apartment.
When I was sure everything was closed and okay, I hopped in my bed. I closed my eyes but could still hear the sounds of the city nightlife outside. Cars passing by and drunken idiots hollering down the streets. "This house seems like a good one", "no the lights are already off, Duff", "oh c'mon".
The voices sounded right near my house.

I pulled the covers over my ears but was startled when a loud banging sounded at my frontdoor.
I sat up in my bed.
The banging continued. "You're waking up the whole neighborhood Ax", "shut the fuck up and help me knock".
A rain of knocks sounded at my door and a male voice called out "anyone home?".

I hesitantly stepped out bed and threw on a thin robe.
Who the hell was at my door at this time of night? I didn't recognize any of the voices that I heard.
My heart started beating fast as I walked to the frontdoor. I looked through the peephole and saw a bunch of long haired guys standing at my door, clearly intoxicated.

Before even considering to open I called out "who are you?". I heard arguing on the other side of the door.
"Let me answer!"
"get out the fuckin' way..."
"No, Izzy, ouch! Hey!"
"Shut up, everybody"
"Yeah sh-"
"I SAID SHUT UP!"

Their bickering made me laugh, not gonna lie.
Another male voice cleared his throat "we just wanna ask you something, we're not here to cause any trouble a'ight? Just open the door and we can-".
I opened the door trying to hide my amused smile.

The five guys standing in front of me now, looked a little surprised at first but then they simultaneously gave me a pleading smile. "Good evening" a really tall guy with bleach blonde hair grinned at me, "my name's Duff, and these are the others".
'The others' consisted of another blonde guy, with a cute smile. A guy with dark hair and a black hat. A redhead who was looking me up and down. And a guy who's face was almost completely engulfed by his long, dark, curly hair. He had a cigarette between his lips.

The guy apparently named Duff continued "look, we're good guys alright" he shot a glance at the glaring redhead "despite how we look".
I couldn't hide a chuckle, which seemed to give Duff a confidence boost, "we won't bother you much at all it's just-"
The redhead cut him off "we need a place to spend the night".
Duff looked annoyed but then nodded in agreement "yeah, we do. Do you have like, an extra bed?", "or a couch?" the other blonde added, "or just like, a floor?" the redhead chuckled.

I fluttered my eyelashes in confusion. What was I supposed to do with these guys? I mean, I had a pretty big couch and another pullout couch in my studyroom, but I didn't know these men at all...

The redhead snapped me out of my daze by grabbing my hand and shaking it "I'm Axl, by the way". The shorter blonde shoved Duff aside "I'm Steven!".
The dark haired guy tapped his hat and said "I'm Izzy".
I looked at the curly haired guy who blew out a cloud of smoke and gave me a quick nod "uh, yeah I'm Slash".

I nodded slowly at the strange names.
Then I inhaled sharply and opened the door a tiny bit more. "I guess..." I mumbled, the guys faces lit up with hope, "you guys could stay one night".

Boyish cheering and pats on shoulders were exchanged as they triumphantly stumbled inside. As Steven walked passed me he gave me a warm smile "thanks so much". I smiled at him, a little overwhelmed by my impulsive decision to let these five strangers crash at my place.

Slash came last and I quickly put out my arm, blocking his way. He looked at me a little surprised, as far as I could tell with all his hair. I pointed at his cigarette "could you...", he quickly took it from his mouth and threw it in the bushes "oh yeah, sorry" he mumbled.
I dropped my arm and he walked in, briefly touching my arm as he did.