Part 1 - Behind the fame

"You're so bloody lucky" groaned Cate, looking up at the stage. There he was, gorgeous Dexter Rose, lead singer of chart-topping American band 'Craze', belting out one of their hits in front of thousands of screaming fans.
Millie smiled, she knew full well how lucky she was, her stomach in knots, she shivered as she watched him intently, bounding across the stage. His long, thick, dark fringe flopping down over his sweat covered face. Her eyes were transfixed on him as he ran his fingers through it, pushing it back up off his face he held it on top of his head for a few seconds, hoping the sweat would stick and it wouldn't flop right back over his face again.
He looked amazing, he had something, something irresistible, a something that you just couldn't put your finger on, a star quality that exuded from every inch of him, he was more than just handsome, more than just talented, he was everything and a little bit more. It was as if he'd been bred to be a pop star, it was coursing through his veins, it was on every breath he took. He was born to be exactly where he was right now.
It was only a minute or so before his fringe fell back over his face, Millie had run her fingers through that hair many times before but watching him on stage was almost like watching a stranger. That wasn't her boyfriend up there, it couldn't be. In her mind it was super star, Dexter Rose, and she was like every other fan in the crowd, yearning to touch him even if only for a second. It was an odd feeling Millie experienced every time she watched him perform, he was someone else and she was transported back to being just another fan, like everyone else. Her mind could comprehend that.

In reality she had been dating Dex for three months now and had been dying to take her friends along to a show but with their crazy schedule Dex was never in one place for more than two minutes and it was the first time they'd performed in England for over two months.

"I hate you!!" shouted her housemate and best friend, Amber, in an attempt to be heard over the bass that was vibrating her rib cage like a power drill.
"Look at him! He's fucking perfect!" She groaned, shooting Cate an agreeing look.
"And it's even worse that I get to hear him doing you through our paper thin walls!" She added. Millie blushed,
"Oh my god! Can you really?!" Asked Millie, embarrassed. She felt her face instantly burn up, turning a shade of red as she turned sharply to face Amber.

"Only a little bit" laughed Amber
"and babe, if I were sleeping with him I'd want the whole world to hear!" She teased.
'Thank god he rarely stayed over' thought Millie.

Millie turned back to the stage, her cheeks still hot with embarrassment. In an attempt to remain anonymous she hoped no one around her had heard their conversation. Her eyes instantly sought out Dex again, watching every inch of his body move, her stomach once again entangled with knots squeezing her insides with excitement like a python tightly coiled around her rib cage.
His skin tight ankle-grazing jeans hugged every inch of him in contrast to his oversized grey sweater that swamped his small frame, the sleeves covering his hands around the microphone like a child. He was cute, almost child-like but Millie knew however cute he appeared to the world, it was an act, it made him more appealing to his young fans, it was almost a character he played up to, off stage he was definitely a man!

Millie felt uneasy amongst the crowd, surrounded by hundreds of screaming teenage girls, packed shoulder to shoulder like sardines in the open-air festival-like venue. She could have watched from side-stage with the rest of the family and friends but it just wasn't the same experience side stage. There was no atmosphere, no excitement. Instead she wanted to be down with the crowd, she wanted her friends to experience a proper Craze gig the same way she had before she'd met Dex, his band were incredible live, genuinely one of the most talented bands she'd ever seen, she wanted her friends to see how good he was.
But as the girls around her, most almost half her age pushed and shoved her, all screaming for her boyfriend, squashing her so much she couldn't even move her arms from beside her. She felt claustrophobic and began to wish she had opted for side-stage!