Part 27 - Something about him

It was 5pm the next day and Millie still hadn't seen Dex, she'd had meetings in New York that morning that had dragged on all day. Although she was excited to be meeting with big fashion labels in New York she was desperate to get it knee with and go and see Dex.

She knew he was due on stage sometime soon and it was going to be closer to midnight before she got to see him.
In the cab on the way back to the hotel Millie couldn't help but revisit last night in her head, she'd not really done anything wrong but still a feeling of guilt hung over her. She couldn't help fidgeting in her seat.

"You ok?" Asked Ricco
"Uh, yeah" she replied, unconvincingly.
"Come on what is it?" He asked patronising her. She hesitated, not wanting to admit she'd lied to him. She knew he'd be more interested in the gossip but she still didn't want to betray his trust.

"I actually haven't seen Dex, last night you dropped me off at Jesse's" she closed her eyes and screwed up her face like a child waiting to be told off
"What? Really? Why?" Asked Ricco, knowing that Millie really didn't like him
"He called me and said he was in a bad way and needed help" she explained
"And I knew if I told you, you'd have told me not to help him" she added
"That's true. He absolutely doesn't deserve anything from you!" Agreed Ricco, shooting her a look of disapproval
"So.. come on, what happened?" Asked Ricco
"Nothing" replied Millie
"Really?" Teased Ricco
"Really! we talked, I got to know a different side of him, he's not all that bad, drink and drugs aside" she explained
"So how was he in bed, I always imagine the bad boys would be good" said Ricco
"I don't know!!" Blasted Millie, knowing full well he was only teasing her for a reaction. He laughed, he knew she wouldn't have. She was totally obsessed with Dex and he knew how much she disliked him but winding her up was too much fun!

"I must admit though, I did find him sort of attractive last night" she confessed. Ricco turned to face her, wide eyed, waiting for more gossip.

"Hang on, hold that thought" he said as the cab pulled up outside their hotel, Ricco paid the driver quickly and got out, as they walked towards the hotel entrance, Millie awaited interrogation. Surprisingly he didn't say anything until they got up to their room.

Millie threw her bag down on the floor and flopped down on the bed, she was exhausted. Barely any sleep last night and a full day of meetings had left her with nothing left.

Ricco sat down beside her, pulling her head up onto his lap, he stroked her hair, pushing it up off her forehead in a circular motion. As if she had her own personal head masseuse.

"Right! I'm ready" joked Ricco. Millie stayed silent, pretending not to know what he meant.
"Come on, spill!" He said, becoming frustrated.
"We mostly just talked, I told him about you and work and everything, and he talked about his family, his mom has terminal cancer" Millie felt sad repeating it
"Oh, that's sad" replied Ricco, his excitement dialled down a little.
"Yeah. There was one weird moment though, I kinda thought maybe something was going to happen" she admitted
"Tell me!!" Exclaimed Ricco
"There's not much to tell, we were sat  on a couch on his roof terrace and he looked at me in a weird way. He bit his lip, just like Dex does before kissing me" she said

"And did he?!" Asked Ricco, fishing for information

"No, of course not! And there's no way I'd ever have let him but I felt like he was considering it. Or maybe it was just me and my silly mind over thinking it! I think I got myself a bit flustered!" She put her face in her hands in embarrassment.

"Let's be fair babe, I'm gay and I can get you flustered! That's not hard is it" he laughed, Millie cringed at the fact that the one night they had fumbled around was still obviously in his head. She felt her face go red, her cheeks burning up.