Part 4 - Secrets out

As Millie came too her eyes gently flickered, adjusting to the light that flooded the room, Ricco's floor to ceiling windows meant there was no escape from the bright morning sunlight, Ricco was a sunshine in the morning kind of guy, Millie was definitely not! She forced her eyes open, slowly turning her head to survey her surroundings and try to remember what day it was!

She managed to gather enough strength to glance over at the clock on the nightstand; 5.22am, despite being slightly irritated that she'd woken up so early it was always a nice feeling to know she didn't have to get out of Ricco's huge comfy bed to get ready for work for another two hours! She turned onto her side, pulling the covers up to her neck she closed her eyes and snuggled back down.

'SHIT!' She suddenly thought, eyes wide open she sat up straight in the bed at the realization that Dex was going to call her last night. She leaned over the edge of the bed and rummaged around in her bag for her phone, pulling it out, still hanging precariously over the edge of the bed she looked at the screen.

11 missed calls

2 voicemail messages

4 text messages

"Oh fuck!" She thought. Feeling completely deflated that she'd missed talking to him. She knew it would be at least late this evening that she would get to talk to him now and that seemed like a lifetime away! She knew he'd be annoyed and worried at not being able to get hold of her, especially as Ricco was away in Japan, she knew Dex would be feeling like she had no one there to help her out of she needed anything. Feeling frustrated she opened her texts.

Get out my bed!! ;)
Haha I know you're in there! You better not have your fella in my bed or you're in some serious trouble! Miss you! Call me when you get to the office. Ciao Ri xxx

Millie smiled, she wanted to hear from Dex but a message from Ricco always cheered her up, she missed him too and always felt a bit lost when he was away.

Millie opened the next message

Dexter Rose

Just seeing his name at the top of the message still gave her butterflies. When she wasn't with him he was still that other person, that unattainable heartthrob that half the female population lusted over. Her heart still skipped a beat just thinking about him.

She touched the screen to open the message, she felt silly that she was so excited, it was just a text, from her own boyfriend, no big deal, but in her head it was a big deal, in her head she was still just a fan.

Millie could feel herself clamming up, as she quickly rushed through all of his messages, each getting more and more concerned about her whereabouts. She raced through them all, barely taking the words if each message.

She dialled his number and waited. No answer

"Oh fuck!" She said aloud as it suddenly dawned on her that it was really early where Dex was! She was so used to calling him in the States where his evening time was the middle of the night for her. In her flustered state she hadn't even considered that he was in Europe, she knew he'd be more worried than ever with a missed call at that time!

With nothing she could do about it Millie snuggled back down into Ricco's perfectly white feather pillow and pulled the duvet up to her neck. She always thought sleeping in Ricco's bed was a bit like sleeping on a cloud! It was the whitest, most immaculate bedding she has ever seen, she almost felt bad for breathing on it. The mattress and pillows were so perfectly soft they cradled her body and nestled perfectly around her head. She knew he'd have spent thousands on it all and it was worth every penny! She'd have sold a kidney for a bed that amazing at home. Though she knew it would be wasted because she spent nearly all her time at Ricco's! The only bad thing about it was having to get out!