34 - Tough decisions

Another rainy Wednesday in the office, the weather had been awful all week, Autumn had definitely arrived and Millie missed the Ibiza sun, the only thing keeping her going was the thought of her sisters wedding in just over a week in Greece, it wouldn't be long before she was back in the sun again and she was beyond excited for the wedding. She was a bridesmaid and had her final dress fitting after work today. she hoped her dress would still fit after the amount she ate and drank in Ibiza at the weekend.
She looked at her watch, it was 3pm already, she'd been so busy the day had flown by.

Her phone beeped and danced across the table, the vibrations rattled her whole desk.

She glanced down at the screen

RICCO SALVATORE
Can you come up to my office please babe?

She wondered why he hadn't just rang her.

She made her way up to the top floor of the three storey office block and poked her head around Ricco's door. A small older lady sat at Ricco's desk in a chair with her back to Millie.

She shot Ricco a look of  What the hell? They had no meetings scheduled and Millie didn't recognise the lady from behind.

"Amelie, come and take a seat please" said Ricco, something was definitely up for him to call her Amelie, she thought and he had his posh voice on.

Millie walked cautiously over to his desk, her heart racing, not knowing what was coming.

As she approached the desk the lady turned to her and stood up, holding out her hand.

Millie recognised her instantly. She was round 58 years old, her dark brown hair swept up into an up-do with not a hair out of place. Her face had obviously had some work, her features were chiselled, not a wrinkle in sight! Her make up thick with dark red lips.

She was wearing a navy dress with a white lace jacket over the top, with a large black file resting against her bright white heels.

"Millie this is Elisabetta Genovesi, or Lisa Novesi as you might know her" said Ricco.

"Nice to meet you, Amelie" said the older lady with a smile, she had the same accent as Ricco, it sounded so familiar to Millie.

"Oh my goodness! It's SO nice to meet you!" Said Millie, her heart was racing.

'Novesi' was Millie's favourite designer brand. It came from Italy and was quite new and cool, compared to all the other well known brands. Millie had fallen in love with their brand on a trip to Italy, she'd admired her work for so long, she could only have ever dreamed of meeting her!
They sat back down and Millie tried to compose herself. Excited to hear why Elisabetta was in their office.

"Millie, Ms Genovesi is...." he started

"Please darling, Lisa is fine" interrupted the lady

"Sorry, Lisa is here because she's got some exciting news for you" said Ricco

Millie turned to Lisa, listening intently.

"Amelie, your name keeps cropping up in nearly every meeting I attend. You, my dear are big news!" she began to explain.

Am I?! Thought Millie. She didn't feel like it.

"Mr Salvatore has been sending me your sketches, I've seen your bags, your shoe designs and just yesterday your clothing design and frankly my dear I don't know why you're still working in this tiny office!"

"You're incredible!" She added

"Wow, thank you!" Said Millie, she was genuinely shocked. She wasn't anything special, she was just an average young girl, working in a fairly small brands head office, it seemed incomprehensible that a huge designer on the worlds stage would even have ever heard of her let alone be saying these things!