Part 33 - Hen Weekend

The week passed by quickly. Millie had thrown herself into work. She might have felt inadequate in Dex's world up against all the gorgeous young popstars but in her world, she was making waves among the big fashion brands. She was becoming a somebody. She was creating a name for herself. She never thought for a million years her career would take the path it was heading down. Leaving design college, going into an entry level position at Salvo's head office she expected to be a general office assistant for some years, the best she'd hoped for was perhaps one day to be involved in the fashion design ideas for the stores, that was her ultimate goal but in no time at all she'd surpassed all her expectations. She had her name to her very own collection of handbags, she was working on her own collection of clothing and shoes to be sold in Salvo's stores around the globe next year. She had all the major name brands talking about her. She was the next star of the fashion world and now she'd been made director of international design. She literally could not have wished for anything more!

It made her feel good about herself, the opposite to which Dex's world made her feel! So she'd enjoyed spending a week doing what she knew she was good at. Dex had called a few times and they'd text regularly throughout the week but there was still a bit of a weird air between them. Neither of them brought it up but Millie knew Dex could feel it too. Neither were being completely themselves. Millie has convinced herself that he was definitely cheating on her with Isy, there were too many rumours, too many magazine stories, too many photos for it all to be lies and coincidence. There was something in it, it felt like it was already over, it was just going to take one of them to say it.
But that would have to wait as Millie threw her bags into the boot of Ricco's car.

"Seriously, you've got to be fucking kidding me!?!" Said Ricco

"You're still carting round those old, scabby, piece of shit suitcases!! What the fuck woman!? You're dating a famous person, you've just had a promotion and massive pay rise! Your job is director of international design.. which means you travel.. a lot! And you've got a suitcase that's about 100 years old and makes you look homeless!!" Said Ricco

Amber couldn't stop laughing as she watched Millie attempt to shove her suitcase into the ridiculously tiny boot space in Ricco's Lamborghini. Soon giving up and taking it in the car with her.

"Shut it!" Said Millie

"You can't talk with your super shiney gold suitcases! Who do you think you are? The king of Egypt?!" Millie replied. Amber still giggling as she climbed onto the back seats of Ricco's expensive car, with her suitcase in tow it was a tight squeeze!

"Why the hell are you driving us to the airport, you can't swing a cat in this bloody car! You have your own chauffeur!!" Joked Millie. Ricco mimicked her

"You two are too funny" said Amber, still laughing at them.

Millie burst out laughing, he was funny. She was so looking forward to this weekend taking her mind off of everything else.

As she got off the plane in Ibiza the heat hit her.
She grabbed the hand rail of the steps, having drank nearly a bottle of wine on board she felt a little tipsy and uneven on her feet.

"Alright there Milz" teased Ricco as she stumbled a little, he put his arms around her to steady her.

"Yup" she replied, using all her concentration to navigate the last few steps.

It was 3.15pm when they arrived at their hotel. Quickly finding their rooms, and throwing their stuff down they headed to the pool.

Millie and Amber arrived first, pulling several sun beds closer and arranging them into a semi circle so the group of 12 of them could sit together.