Part 11 - Back to work

Millie glanced at the clock beside her bed as she dropped her bags on the floor and flopped down heavily onto her bed, exhausted, hoping she'd not woken Amber up as her bed made a thud against the wall. It was approaching 11pm and she'd only just got home from Copenhagen.
Her window was wide open, a cool breeze filtered through her room, running over her skin making all the tiny hairs stand on end. She loved to feel the cool night air, there was something about it that made her feel alive, like she was electro-connected to the outside world, she'd loved it since she was a kid, she always had the window open, even on the coldest winter night she needed to feel the fresh air. It cleared her mind and relaxed her body which after 6 hours of travelling was a feeling she needed to feel.

Waiting anxiously for Dex to come off stage so she could call him she sketched up some drawings ready for work the next day, with only a few days left to prepare for London fashion week she didn't feel In the slightest bit ready for it. She knew she needed to work harder and focus. Dex would still be there after but her relationship with him was going so well it was hard to turn him off in her mind.

Her phone started to ring and she jumped, scrambling to silence it quickly. If the bed didn't wake Amber, that ought to do it she thought. a shiver zig-zagged down her spine disappearing somewhere into the bed beneath her. Her body began to tingle in anticipation of hearing her mans voice.

"Hello" she answered; tired her voice was quiet and barely audible.
"Caio Bella" said Ricco, loud and enthusiastically
"Oh... It's you" Millie winced at the volume blasting into her ears, bringing her back down to earth with a bang.
"Oh, thanks babe! Haven't seen you for like.. Ever! And I get oh it's you!" He joked,
"Well I am sorry I'm not your pop boy but you'll just have to make do with me" he teased,
"I'm way hotter than him anyway!!" He added. Millie laughed.
"You are" she giggled.
"I'm sorry, hey you! I miss you!!" She gushed,
"I know you do" he teased, laughing
"I kinda miss you too doll" he replied
"So tell me all the goss!" He said
"I don't really have any" she replied
"What?! I've been away for 2 weeks and nothing has happened?! Babe! Your life is boring without me" Millie giggled again
"I know, it is. I did fly out to Copenhagen this week!" She replied
"For work?" Asked Ricco
"No" she replied, not telling him anything more to give him ammo to tease her further. He knew she hated flying but was willing to do it for Dex, Millie knew he was going to have something to say about that!
"Oooooh, I see, flew over for a little bootay call eh?" Ricco laughed. There it was, thought Millie.
"Shut it you!" She replied
"So when you coming home?" She asked, hoping it was sooner than he planned. She really felt lonely without him, she didn't like having to do everything on her own and missed having him at work.
"Still going to be at least another week babe" he replied
"Owwww" groaned Millie "Ok"
"I know, I can't wait to come back too, I'm sorting things here as quickly as I can I promise" he reassured her.
"I know" she replied, grateful.
"You better not be messing up my apartment Mrs" he joked
"No, I'm at my place, in my own bed for once" replied Millie. She could feel her eyes getting heavy.
"Good, don't be bringing lover boy back to mine and getting jizz all over my bed!!" He joked. Millie winced.
"Nah, we did it in your shower" she joked. Laughing.
"You better bloody not have!" Replied Ricco. Millie laughed harder, fighting to stay awake.
"Babe I'm going to have to say goodnight, I can't keep my eyes open" said Millie.
"Ok doll. I'll see you soon. Mwah" he said blowing her a kiss down the phone
"Bye" she replied. He always had a knack for making her feel good. She put her phone to her chest for a second and was out for the count.

Millie always had a little extra enthusiasm for Friday mornings! Despite the fact that she had fallen asleep and missed Dex' call last night she was in a good mood, she could feel the suns warmth on her back as she walked across the busy car park to her office. Rainstorms over night had given way to glorious sunshine, it was just a shame she was going to spend the next 10 hours stuck inside but she was looking forward to getting stuck into preparations for London fashion week. After her little impromptu trip to see Dex she felt refreshed and ready to put her everything into it. Knowing that Dex was still in Europe, in her time zone, gave her motivation to get through the last day of the working week. She'd hardly done any work all week and really needed to knuckle down. The last thing she wanted was to piss off her boss! Mr Salvatore had been so good to her, letting her climb the career ladder so fast she would always be so grateful to him and Ricco, she knew he had a big hand in persuading his dad and getting her where she was. She needed to live up to Mr. Salvatore's expectations and not let Ricco down. Dex had his own life on the road and his own career, she needed hers too.