Part 9 - A new low

Millie jumped as a loud bang penetrated the hotel room, causing it to shake slightly through the paper-thin walls. Her heart was pounding as she came too, sitting bolt upright in bed she leaned over and pressed a button on her phone on the nightstand to see what the time was. 3.17am! She felt like she'd just fallen asleep ten minutes ago but had actually been asleep for at least a couple of hours. Dex was sound asleep next to her. She wanted to wake him and send him out to see what had woken her, she couldn't quite figure out whether she had dreamt it or it had actually happened. But either way she needed to know if she had any chance of relaxing enough to fall back to sleep!

"Dex!" she whispered, he didn't respond, his heavy breathing was obvious that whispering was not going to wake him!

"Dex" she whispered again, as loudly as she could. Nothing. She sighed, she was going to have to go and see for herself. As she carefully climbed out of bed and grabbed Dex' shirt from the back of the chair where it had landed when she threw it in the throws of passion some time earlier, she put it on over her underwear and headed for the door, she could hear someone out there making a lot of commotion and talking loudly.

How fucking inconsiderate at this time! she thought to herself. She slowly pulled down the door handle, trying not to make a sound, nervous about what she may be greeted with on the other side of the door. She peered through the inch wide gap, she could see a man and a woman stumbling down the hallway, obviously drunk! She attempted to open the door just a tiny bit more to get a better view of the selfish couple that obviously had no regard for the sleeping hotel guests. As she struggled to pull the heavy door a little more it made a loud clunking noise "FUCK!" she whispered to herself stopping in her tracks. Her heart pounding, the man and woman turned to look at her.

It was Jesse!.. with a girl! He spotted Millie, looking her right in the eye he shot her a look that was obvious he wasn't happy that she had seen him.
"Hi" said Millie, nervous to see what his response was going to be.
"You haven't seen ANYTHING! " he snapped at her, she wished she hadn't! He scared her.
"Go back inside!" he demanded, as nervous as Millie was, she wasn't going to let him order her around, it was bad enough that he treated Cat that way, he had no power over Millie and she wasn't going to give him it.

She felt her emotions ignite as a feeling of rage came over her. She came out into the hallway, flicking the latch on the door she put it together behind her, before she could move from the spot Jesse was heading towards her, she hated that he scared her, she knew that was exactly what he wanted, it was clear that was the kind of man he was. Millie braced herself, he came right up close to her
"If you say anything to Dex or Cat about this I'll be fucking mad, got it?!" he whispered aggressively. There was no way he was just going to threaten her, finding an ounce of bravery and knowing Dex was only behind the door if she needed him, she looked right at him defiantly.

"I wont say anything because I wont be the one to crush Cat, but I think you're a selfish prick! I can't believe you've got the nerve to bring a girl back to your room tonight when Cat's flown all the way here to see you! and is staying in the same hotel! That is low!!" she snapped, he looked slightly taken a back, he obviously didn't expect her to stand up to him. She suspected nobody ever did.

"She'll find out what you're like, they all will and you'll be left with exactly what you deserve! Nothing!" she continued, feeling braver with every word she managed to get out. He went to retaliate but she got in there first cutting him off.

"Go on, go and fuck whatever trash you've pulled in off the street, Cat deserves better than you anyway" she sighed, feeling somewhat proud of herself, she knew it needed to be said no matter what the consequences were. The words had really resonated with Jesse, no one had ever confronted him like that but he wasn't going to let her see she had made any impact on him or his decisions

"I don't know what Dex see's in you' he replied "You stupid little bitch, you're not a fucking patch on Lucie!" he snapped

"And stay out of my fucking business!" He hissed as he turned to walk away towards the girl he'd left at the end of the corridor, she looked no older than 17 or 18! Millie gave her a look of disgust, she was bound to know who he was and it was public knowledge that he had a long-term girlfriend.

Completely fired up Millie took some deep breaths before retreating back into her room. She slowly closed the door behind her trying hard not to make any noise and wake Dex up. She leaned against the back of the door and closed her eyes, trying to calm down a little before going back to bed. She sighed heavily, his words resonating in her head, having just confirmed what she'd always felt in the back of her mind. She wasn't good enough for Dex, Lucie was in a whole other league! her heart was racing, she felt like she had just been in a physical fight. After collecting herself she crept over to the bed, Dex was still out for the count. She slowly climbed into bed and cuddled up to him, the touch of her cold body stirred him.

"Are you alright" he asked sleepily

"Yeah" she whispered back, kissing him on the forehead before nestling into his neck. She couldn't have appreciated him more right now.

"I love you" she whispered, but he was already asleep again.