Part 46 - Making it right

"Sophie needs you Mais" said Millie as she put down the phone.
"Oh, ok" replied Maisie, getting up from her desk she left the design office, the door clunked  loudly closing behind her. Millie waited a few moments, peering through the glass pain in the door to make sure no one was coming, she carefully opening Maisie's bag, rummaging around for her phone, her heart racing she couldn't find it, she frantically felt around with her hand keeping a watchful eye on the door. It wasn't in there.
She knew she didn't have long, she set the bag back down, quickly reaching into the pockets of her denim jacket draped over the back of her chair.
Bingo!
She pulled the phone out and turned the screen on.

There it was. The message Millie had just sent to 'Isy'. It was Maisie, it has been Maisie all along as Jesse had said. Millie felt the anger begin to course through her veins.
Millie quickly opened Maisie's messages, the second name on the list of messages was 'Dex Rose'. She exhaled deeply, knowing this wasn't going to end well!

She quickly scanned down the message conversation - surprised that Dex had been replying, he usually ignored texts from people he didn't know.
From what she could see quickly Dex was telling the truth, his replies were innocent and short. Mostly one word answers, there were several messages from Maisie in a row indicating that he didn't always reply. She wished she had time to read everything but fearing being caught she quickly took a photo of part of the conversation with her own phone and slid Maisie's phone back into her jacket pocket. She knew it was wrong and very much crossing a colleague line but in her head what Maisie had done was far worse!
She'd had a hand in ruining two peoples lives for some silly little game.

Millie slumped down in her chair, angry and just tired, tired of the drama and the bullshit. She wondered if it was even worth telling Dex, it would only make her fling was Jesse seem worse admitting that Dex had most likely been faithful as he always said he had and it would likely only cause more problems between Dex and Jesse I'd be found out it was Jesse feeding Maisie information, Millie didn't want more drama, she was so angry but giving Dex more to deal with wasn't an option she was going to take. He didn't need to know.

She sat staring into space, wondering what her next move was going to be, she may not be taking it up with Dex but she most certainly wasn't going to let it lie with Maisie. She knew for sure their working relationship was over and she's ruined any chance of Millie writing a recommendation for Maisie to be considered for a permanent internship at Salvo's past her work experience.

Millie felt heartbroken all over again, maybe if Maisie hadn't done it her relationship with Dex could have been saved. Half of the arguments they had were over Isy Brennan and Millie was sure without all the doubt that had been planted in her mind she wouldn't have let anything happen with Jesse.

The door smacked back into the wall as Maisie came back in, making Millie jump.
"Sorry" she smiled. Millie kept a straight face. Just looking at her made Millie angry, she was clearly too young, immature and self obsessed to realise the damage she'd done.

Millie thought for a minute how she was going to play it.

"Maisie, I need some info from you for a report I have to write for HR.
Can I have your date of birth, address and a contact number" lied Millie

"Uh, yeah, 4th of the 6th 97" replied Maisie
"23 Finley Avenue" she continued reciting her address as Millie scribbled it down on a piece of paper
"And phone number please" Asked Millie
Maisie pulled her phone from her bag,
"Err.. 012.." started Maisie
"Mobile number is better" pushed Millie
"They'll send you updates and info via text" lied Millie
"Oh" Maisie was reluctant
"Ok" she said quietly reading out her mobile number
"Thanks" Said Millie, writing it down.
Maisie continued with her work
"I'll add you to my phone so I can include you in the work WhatsApp group" said Millie
"And if I call you, you'll have my number just incase you need it" Said Millie
"OH NO, I don't have WhatsApp" lied Maisie, panicking
"Oh really, I thought I saw you on it before, never mind, I'll just give you my number incase you ever need a lift to work or something" it was too late there was nothing Maisie could do