Part 47 - Yes, 100 times, yes.

Two weeks later:

Millie sat down on the wooden bench with Ricco. The two meter wide gap in the trees was almost too perfectly positioned to be naturally occurring. With a view over the entire city centre it was Millie's favourite place in the world. The city was beautiful and full of Roman history and architecture it was always bustling with tourists and school trips and shoppers, but up in Alexandra park it was quiet, only locals knew of the park, it was a little out of the centre, a few minutes by car, up a very steep hill lined with rows of terraced houses. Since Millie was a kid she remembered being worried about all the cars parked on such a steep hill!
Ricco got the take away dinner out of the bag and passed Millie's to her. Millie and Ricco often came up here at dusk, when the light was just beginning to fade and their was a slight pink hue covering the city, hot air balloons could usually be seen over head. They liked to get food and sit up here to eat. There was the occasional person walking by but generally they had the whole place to themselves at this time in the evening.
"So how's things?" Asked Ricco, Millie shrugged
"Eh" she squeaked
"Still missing him?" Asked Ricco
Millie nodded, having just taken a huge bite of her burger, ketchup dripping all down her hand. Ricco laughed. Despite the taste of celebrity life, she never changed.
"Still it must be nice having your quiet life back again" Said Ricco
Millie swallowed so she could talk
"It is. But having lived his lifestyle my old life now seems kinda... dull" she admitted, sad face in tow. She'd read about musicians and celebrities saying similar things about being in the limelight and then getting downtime and the extremes between the highest highs and lowest lows could cause depression but she never thought she'd be one of those experiencing it.
"You'll adjust, I'm sure, life was good before him, it'll be good again babe" said Ricco with a sympathetic smile, he rubbed her knee.
She knew he was right, she'd get over it eventually, she just needed to throw herself into work and her friends and she's survive.
Ten minutes past and neither had said a word, they just sat in silence watching the city below winding down for the evening. People going home from work, shops beginning to close, students leaving college, it was Millie's favourite time to day, she liked to watch he people and wonder who they were going home too, what sort of lives they led, she loved not knowing their story but creating her own in her head. No one would have looked at her leaving work and thought she'd just come out of a relationship with famous pop star Dexter Rose, you could never know what lies inside someone private life, she loved the mystery of strangers, she always had since she was about 4 years old. She watched a lady of a similar age to her walking along beside the river, talking on the phone, she was smartly dressed in a skirt suit, Millie wondered who she was talking to. Was she going home to a boyfriend, a fiancé, perhaps she was planning a big, beautiful wedding next summer. Perhaps she too was going home to someone famous, maybe she was already married, perhaps she had a baby at home that she couldn't want to get home and see. Perhaps she was going home to a girlfriend, perhaps they were discussing a phone call her girlfriend had just received, informing them that they'd been approved to adopt the baby boy they'd been hoping for, Millie smiled, the imaginary life she'd just created in the past 10 seconds seemed like a good one. She was happy for the lady and her girlfriend, what lovely news.
"You're doing it again aren't you!" Laughed Ricco
Millie snapped out of her day dream and looked at him
"Am not!"'she replied
"Yeah yeah! Well I hope whatever life you've just conjured up in your head it's not more exciting than mine!" He joked
Ricco's phone beeped, he slowly pulled it slightly out of his pocket, only enough to just make out the  screen, tilting it slightly away from Millie. He glanced down at it.

Two minutes

Millie noticed his secrecy.
"Loverboy?" She asked.
"Maybe" he replied, smiling, wishing it was from his boyfriend.
He pushed it back down in his pocket and relaxed back into the bench, putting his arm around Millie. She rested her head on his shoulder and sighed. There was no where else in the world she wanted to be right now. The view over the city gave her goosebumps.