Part 15 - Another goodbye

The next morning Millie went down to breakfast alone, she hoped that no one had noticed her gone in the night, when she snuck back into the hotel at nearly 4am Dex was still out for the count.

It was 7.15am and she had barely slept a wink, her head was pounding, she wasn't sure if it was from lack of sleep or sheer exhaustion from the amount of drama she'd endured in one night. Dex was still sound asleep and didn't need to be up yet so she let him sleep in, braving the buffet alone, she needed coffee!

She scanned the dining room, trying to hide behind other guests so she wouldn't be spotted, she could only see CJ and a few crew members sat at a table in the far right corner of the restaurant. She quickly found a small table tucked away in the opposite corner and sat alone. She didn't feel very comfortable sitting with the band or crew without Dex being with her, she didn't know any of them all that well and was worried someone was going to say something about last night.

She quickly got up whilst the buffet table was busy with other guests, mingling between them she grabbed some breakfast before sitting down again watching everyone from a distance hoping to not be noticed and look anti social for not sitting with them. She sat staring at her phone, to make it seem like she was busy. After a few minutes someone tapped her on the shoulder, she jumped.

"Oh it's you babe" she said, relieved, her heart racing as she turned around to see Dex stood behind her.

"Why are you sat here all alone?" He asked, screwing up his eyebrows in curious confusion

"Not sure, I didn't really feel like I should gatecrash their breakfast table" she replied,

"You aren't gatecrashing, you're part of the group!" Said Dex, not according to Jesse thought Millie giving him a small forced smile.

She went to put her phone back in her pocket as it beeped.

Ricco Salvatore
Baby!! I'm coming home! I'll land this evening so I'll see you later? If you're around and not off somewhere with loverboy, get your cute butt to my place and put the kettle on for 6pm! Love ya xx

Millie smiled as she read his words, typing out a quick reply. Her stomach tingled, filled with excitement she couldn't wait to see Ricco. She had enough gossip to last a lifetime and she'd missed him so much!

Best. News. Ever!! Can't wait to see you! Xx

Something to look forward to she thought, with all the Jesse drama and Dex flying back to New York tonight laying heavy on her heart she really needed something to look forward to or at least a temporary distraction.

Dex opened the car door for Millie, wrapping his arms around her neck he kissed her on her forehead. She closed her eyes fighting back the tears she could feel already trying to escape her eyes. These goodbyes were getting all too frequent.

Dex inhaled deeply, resting his forehead on hers, taking in the smell of her hair. He missed that smell when she wasn't there. It was going to be at least a week before he saw her again possibly much longer, things were being added to his schedule on an almost hourly basis and in a matter of hours he was going to be on the other side of the Atlantic!

As much as he was living his dreams right now, at this moment every single time he always thought about whether this was what he really wanted or did he want to give it up, ask her to marry him, settle down, have a family and live a normal life. The question was always left unanswered in his head and put to the back of his mind as he just carried on as usual.

"I really have to go babe or I'm going to be late" said Millie quietly, looking up at him, her voice slightly broken with emotion. Dex nodded, pulling his sunglasses from his denim jacket pocket to hide his emotions from everyone else but Millie could tell from his face that he was on the verge of tears too.

"Yeah" he replied, not wanting to speak too much and set it off.

"Argh! why is this always so hard!" Groaned Millie, as the tears released themselves and began to roll down her cheeks. Dex squeezed her in tight for one last hug.

Millie got into the car and he leaned down and kissed her softly on the lips, she could taste the saltiness of a tear that had escaped him.

"When will I see you next?" asked Millie

"Uhh.. let me check with Mac and call you tonight, I'll try my hardest to get back here after the next show in New York if I can". Millie's heart sank a little more, New York was so far!

"I know babe" said Dex sympathetically, Millie didn't have to say a word he knew what she was thinking. He was too. This was getting harder and harder everytime they had to do it.

He shut the car door and she was gone.... Again.